Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 09:34 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times

Advertisements

Well, first, there was the shooting, Video released of Jackson block party shooting, and then there was the stampede. The shooter (Jackson Police release video of shooting suspect | WJTV News 12) managed to send six people to the hospital, this year. Previous years' fraternity block parties, if my memory serves me correctly, had more impressive body counts. Or were those pool parties? (Ryan Henderson Murder: Jackson State Football Players Beat Student Before Shooting Him, Victim's Mother Alleges | Huffington Post

Dowager Soybean Empress called with the details, last night. Apparently, quite a few people were injured in the stampede, with frantic people running all over the neighborhood, trying to get into houses, to avoid the gunfire. If someone has links to the footage of that, please post them! I'm looking for the total number of people who were trampled in the stampede (Soybean Empress says, "a BUNCH"), but that seems to have been omitted from online reports.

JSU Homecoming Weekend totally energizes the City of Jackson(Jackson State University celebrates homecoming | WJTV News 12), with successful alums pouring into the town, for a weekend of tailgating, and honoring their wonderful football heroes (Jackson State alumni react to Carolyn Meyers' resignation - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS). They bring propane tanks in their posh RVs, and you can see turkeys being deep-fried, in impromptu parking lots, along such elegant thoroughfares as State Street. Marching bands and beautiful girls abound, during Jackson's most special weekend of the year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMXO2NE2ag

So, the mood was festive, despite the resignation of Jackson State's flawlessly-coiffed President, Doctor Carolyn Meyers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RdR2vkI4Ys). It's not as if it were HER FAULT, that 37-or-so-million-Dollars has been spent or misplaced or something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxEZIPxNQE But the mood of uncertainty caused by the resignation, may have added to the tensions leading to the shooting.

Things were going so well, on the school's beautiful campus, with its brick sidewalks, and then, this shooting and stampede had to happen. At this rate, the Brazilians may never come back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RlIfayZ1g

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 10-31-2016 at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 07:55 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,349,452 times
You don't live in Mississippi and you're not funny

Old 11-03-2016, 01:29 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
You don't live in Mississippi and you're not funny
Why thank you, my special Heart-O'-Palm! I don't know what I'd do, without your timely reminders regarding my place of residence. Otherwise, I might forget that I live in Oregon. You seem to pop-in, whenever there's a holiday of some sort. I'm touched that you take the time to drop by tell me that I'm not funny. I know that trick-or-treaters thronged your house (surely, your whole neighborhood loves you, and your house is a favorite stop for tots and parents alike), and so feel honored that you'd work me into your busy Halloween schedule (and Winter Holidays schedule, and Thanksgiving schedule, and Easter schedule...).

You provide a valuable service. You know how all the vile traitors, who've built their careers selling-out and exploiting the American People, have been lining-up to tell us what a bad man Donald Trump is? Without them, I wouldn't have been so SURE Donald is the best Candidate. I mean, if all the biggest creeps who've ever slithered around Washington hate him, how could I fail to love him? Unwittingly, those people have endorsed Donald, by attempting to damn him.

And that's your place in my universe, Special Pumpkin. Your messages amount to little endorsements. After I hear from you, I'm SURE that, to use words from 'The Help', I'm smart, kind, and important. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H50llsHm3k Thank you, ye Sparkly Snugglebunny, for taking the time to brighten my day!

And now, for news regarding the 2016 Jackson State Homecoming Fraternity Block Party Massacre & Stampede. They've FOUND the (alleged) Shooter!

Those pics taken during the Massacre, made his derriere look kinda wide, and his shoulders look kinda narrow. But actually, he's pretty cute. His eyebrows are quite nice. And I commend his choice of SQUARE Cubic Zirconia, rather than the usual round ones, for his ears. They look much more masculine: Man wanted in weekend block party shooting turns himself in - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS

Old 11-04-2016, 11:59 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,409,696 times
It wasn't a massacre, as you describe it. Yes, people were shot, but no one died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
View detailed profiles of: