U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:20 AM

155 posts, read 134,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
Ahhhhh there it is. Racist white people are to blame. It never fails.
Well it is the truth..Mississippi has a very distorted past that has overshadowed what a great state it is. The lingers from Racist people still linger in the city and state as a whole today. To deny racism has anything to do with the population is foolish talk. Census stats like corrupt leaders,better job opportunities,etc etc are just sheeps clothing on the real issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 01:41 PM

1,031 posts, read 958,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Well it is the truth..Mississippi has a very distorted past that has overshadowed what a great state it is. The lingers from Racist people still linger in the city and state as a whole today. To deny racism has anything to do with the population is foolish talk. Census stats like corrupt leaders,better job opportunities,etc etc are just sheeps clothing on the real issue.
Yeah MS was the only state with a bad past with racism. Thanks for setting me straight! Darn you racist white people!!!

Old 02-26-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah MS was the only state with a bad past with racism. Thanks for setting me straight! Darn you racist white people!!!
LOL.. I love your sarcasm. No every state and every country has had bad racist problems and many still do. However they're improving for the most part but there's still a long way to go. I bet you were waiting for this to come up. Mississippi is the only state as far as I'm concerned correct me if I'm wrong that still flies a confederate flag. People love to say oh it's heritage. Well, if it's your heritage that your ancestors terrorized millions of people and even killed them then I pray for your soul because heaven is not where you will end up. It's pretty shameful that these people are "CHRISTIANS" although I would understand why they call themselves Christians since the ideology of Christianity was pretty much to divide and conquer. They worship this flag as if it will give them salvation and so on when if we are going to try and get anywhere just do away with those dang flags and confederate general memorials(graven images) they idolize These demonic images something that is not "GODLY". But again they're "CHRISTIANS" so it would make perfect sense which is why when the end does come they will be burning in the lake along with Robert E. Lee and others as well.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 PM

3,136 posts, read 3,956,874 times
Quote:
LOL.. ...Well, if it's your heritage that your ancestors terrorized millions of people and even killed them then I pray for your soul because heaven is not where you will end up.
Your grasp of Theology is nearly as impressive as is your grasp of Punctuation.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Your grasp of Theology is nearly as impressive as is your grasp of Punctuation.
Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a public Internet forum not an English class. What I talk is truth and facts and am not afraid to be corrected if/when I am wrong. Me speaking about "GOD" and so on is truth and has nothing to do with theology but because you are one of several million people who are in this strong delusion of what you think a truth is that is in fact actually a lie I will Hip you on some much needed information.Theology is the study of the nature of "GOD" and religious belief. Theology gets its origins from Greek(Pagans)
THEO is a Greek GOD and LOGIA is a pagan origin as well which basically means words. When translated in English we get theoLOGY. Logy itself means the Study of something. So what exactly are you studying in Theology? which "GODs"? Keep in mind,Theology is based on Ancient Greek which in turn was polytheistic based on the assumption that there were many gods and goddesses. Even if you take away the Greek origins, theology still is a polytheistic discipline. Think about it.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a public Internet forum not an English class. What I talk is truth and facts

Someone thinks highly of himself. Can you tell me more about how horrible MS and how progressive Georgia is?

Old 02-27-2017, 09:19 AM

87 posts, read 71,742 times
Sorry pal, Georgia is not perfect in its history, but the State of Mississippi may be the absolute worst, and even other southerners clearly acknowledge that. Mississippi stand alone, friend.

It's always odd to read that MS residents are the first to proclaim that other states are "racist" as well....as if that's some kind of rationalization for their own abhorrent racial history.

Mississippi mad its own bed - early on - and STILL holds on to the vestiges of the past, while many other fine southern states and cities continue to blast past that dump - Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans and even small towns such as Huntsville AL, and Greenville SC.

Mississippi has only itself to *blame* - even for "perceptions".

Old 02-27-2017, 10:20 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,361,392 times
Quote:
Well, if it's your heritage that your ancestors terrorized millions of people and even killed them then I pray for your soul because heaven is not where you will end up.
Every person on the planet is descended from killers and "terrorizers". Natural selection makes it so.

Can NW Europeans and Nordics guilt present-day Italians for the Romans doing the same to their ancestors?

Can all Europeans hold accountable Arabs and Muslims to traded Euros into "white slavery" for hundreds of years?

Can the biblical descendants of the various tribes slaughtered and robbed by Jewish people hold modern Jewish people to account today?

How far back, or how far forward do we want to go?

Can white people hold accountable every black person in the U.S. for their "group's" outrageous per-capita perpetuation of violent crime?

Old 02-27-2017, 10:26 AM

I think we need more opinions of people who don't live here

Old 02-27-2017, 10:31 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,974,981 times
Quote:
I think we need more opinions of people who don't live here
Because you have to live here to recognize this state for what it is? For example, you need an in state person to tell you that flying the Confederate flag is wrong? Many have done that, and been ignored. So clearly being a resident of MS is not enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or