U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 04:08 PM

667 posts, read 419,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayangLin View Post
Ok , so as you read in the title I am a black transwoman curious about the dating scene in Jackson . I am really young , only 19 and was curious about guys that date transwoman in Jackson particularly white or Hispanic guys but black as well . The reason I mention white and Hispanic is simply because it's easier to date these guy because they don't have to put up a macho man ( Thug) persona whilst obviously most black guys choose to . another thing I was curious about is do white guys in the area even date outside of there race because I rarely see it but on the other hand I see a lot of white women do . Just curious to know if it would even be possible here or is it just a waste to even try .

Most black men don't do that actually. Generally the young guys (14-25) do it more so out of trend. But you do have those that are mature in that age bracket with their own taste.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 426 times
Hey ladies

Old 09-25-2018, 06:27 AM

273 posts, read 230,371 times
I’m sure you could find people to date, but Jackson, MS is not going to be very open to alternative lifestyles or even mixed race dating. Just not how they’re raised or who they are, so opportunities for you will be limited in my opinion. I believe its just one of the reasons Mississippi is losing millennials at a faster rate than any other state.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:10 PM

667 posts, read 419,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Away View Post
I’m sure you could find people to date, but Jackson, MS is not going to be very open to alternative lifestyles or even mixed race dating. Just not how they’re raised or who they are, so opportunities for you will be limited in my opinion. I believe its just one of the reasons Mississippi is losing millennials at a faster rate than any other state.
There's plenty of it in Jackson. Fondren.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:28 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,955,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Away View Post

'Drift Away', considering that Jackson-proper is maybe 16% white, and at least 84% Black/Hispanic/'Other', are you saying that within all that ultra-enriched nonwhite rainbow goodness, there are not a significant number of open-minded gentlepersons, open to dating across arbitrarily-drawn color and gender-appropriateness lines (lines drawn and imposed, no doubt, by the White Male Patriarchal Hegemony)?

I mean, we ARE talking about The Most Radical City on the Planet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKxKNOXumJc). Are you saying that Jackson's Black/Hispanic/'Other' men, beneath all that 'inclusiveness' rhetoric, are actually racist anti-LGBT homophobes? If that is so, then others, sadly, share your viewpoint (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homoph...ty_communities). But surely, in transcendent, luminescent, vibrant, throbbing JACKSON - capital of the New Kingdom of Kush ("Chokwe Lumumba Talks about the 'Jackson-Kush' Plan on 'Solidarity' Site" by Politics Blog | Jackson Free Press | Jackson, MS) - things are different from how they are, in Laredo, Compton, Pontiac, or Camden.

And verily, things inside Jackson-proper, are radically different from how they are, in the vast exurban worlds that are Rankin and Madison Counties. You begin to sense it, as you drive over the border, and into Jackson. Jacktown embraces those who seek to explore and push the boundaries of their relationships with various substances. It is a haven for those suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia, Learning Differences. and rabid adherence to Left Wing ideologies.

Used to be, Mississippians who "didn't quite fit" within their hometowns, had to move to New Orleans, in order to find a place to spend whatever time remained for them. However, these days, such individuals need only move to Jackson.

But maybe you have failed to observe the rampant "dating" and intermarriage, which have been happening under your very nose. I can remember a prominent realtor telling me about the Jaguar-driving ex-wife of a banker or attorney - a man who was a member of one of Jackson's most prominent German Carpetbagger families. She was from an upstart Canton family ("One of your older New Money families..."). Turns out, she'd, for years, been "working under"/decorating-for a very prominent Black attorney .... essentially, his mistress. This was a woman who was in the local society glossies, all the time.

Then, there was the pretty girl from an humble-but-aspirational white-or-passing-for-white family, who, if my Source's Source knows what she's talking about, first got a taste for ultra-luxurious living, while the mistress of a wealthy Black Madison County builder. Well, that ended (I forget if this was before or after Mayor Mary exposed a bunch of mortgage fraud, right as the Bush Recession was busting the Madison County Building Bubble. But that builder went broke.) And so, the collagen-lipped, raven-haired beauty found a new knight in shining armor: the scion of a white dynasty on the shorty-short-shortest shortlist of Mississippi's wealthiest families. Apparently, having been in a relationship with a Black man, did NOT give her 'Social Cooties', and she was welcomed into The Country Club of Jackson, as soon as she got that big diamond ring on her finger (In Mississippi, all it takes is money, honey, and you're "in".). And when her habitual speeding-while-drunk finally got her into big trouble, at her trial, the poetic Black judge seems not to have shown any favoritism for this veritable Diversity Dating Pinup Girl, but instead, threw the book at Miss Collagen Lips. So truly, interracial dating was and is so common around Jackson, you don't get any special secret 'Insider's Get Out of Jail Free Cards', for having been a participant.

And now, recent news seems to have revealed that a prominent cog in Hinds County's law enforcement machine, has been keeping a white mistress in a Rankin County trailer (Five Important Things To Know About DA Smith). My BFFs Babette & Izzi, along with our Decorator, were mulling-over this newest revelation, and comparing it with the saga of 'Precious' (Jackson Jambalaya: Wife & alleged mistress of Precious Martin slug it out in court.). In both cases, having seen these men on TV for years, they were astonished that these male-identifying-persons were involved with women - and MULTIPLE WOMEN - and that's before all the possible interracial angles were to be considered. "What do you call it, when an apparently marginally transgendered man is carrying-on with women?" (not that strangely-plucked eyebrows should be viewed as any indication of orientation, self-identification, or preference, mind you)

So, anyway, while "that sort of thing" may not be "accepted", it's been going-on, bigtime, for a whole generation, with scads of enthusiastic participants. http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/201...r-edition.html And then, there were the epic interracial YMCA conquests of a certain deceased Pro Football Hall of Fame legend. "Beyond perfect - every square inch of him!" (management eventually "cracked-down" on all the male-bonding, and now that YMCA is empty - kaput - after mysteriously losing their best members - having failed to learn a lesson from the years-earlier "crackdown" and subsequent closing of the South Jackson YMCA, which, among other things was a favorite playground, when a certain hunky-and-'available' wrestling family from Denton Texas would pass through Jackson.) Regardless of the color and gender boundaries in question, Jackson offers an endless range of possibilities, no matter what people may SAY they do and prefer.

My only caveats for OP, would be that while there are plenty of lonely Hispanic men in Jackson, and plenty of others inside Jackson-proper who will date her, she needs to be aware of the general degree of success enjoyed by people attempting to do ANYTHING in Jackson (from driving down the streets https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ies/630848002/, to paying their water bills https://www.wlbt.com/2018/09/24/jack...h-water-bills/, to walking down a sidewalk ACLU demanding repeal on panhandling law in 16 Mississippi cities to going to the cemetery https://www.wapt.com/article/authori...eless/22681749 ). Like in New Orleans, pretty much everything you attempt to do, in Jack City, quickly devolves into a wretched mess - and that probably includes relationships. Yes, she will "find somebody". But whether that somebody is interested in her, or is merely interested in: the fact that she has a working automobile; can pay half the rent; can be used to buy him meth for a while; is a warm body that's still breathing; has enough presence of mind to administer NARCAN and dial 911 - well, that'll be the real challenge for someone seeking love in Jackson, Mississippi (and this caveat probably goes DOUBLE, regarding any available white men she finds there).

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 09-25-2018 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 02:56 PM

722 posts, read 402,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
There's plenty of it in Jackson. Fondren.
Sharif662 you and I don't agree on much, but we certainly agree that the Jackson hate is blown out of proportion. You can find a little of everything down in Fondren, for sure.

I've never seen a city and state that hates itself like Jackson and Mississippi.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:10 PM

146 posts, read 90,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Sharif662 you and I don't agree on much, but we certainly agree that the Jackson hate is blown out of proportion. You can find a little of everything down in Fondren, for sure.

I've never seen a city and state that hates itself like Jackson and Mississippi.
Can you show me somewhere in this thread that someone "hated on" Jackson or Mississippi?

Old 09-27-2018, 05:36 AM

1,031 posts, read 958,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashington View Post
Can you show me somewhere in this thread that someone "hated on" Jackson or Mississippi?
You questioning the non-resident Mississippi expert?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:44 AM

722 posts, read 402,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
You questioning the non-resident Mississippi expert?
That part is no longer true.

The expert part is, though.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:01 PM

687 posts, read 643,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
That part is no longer true.

The expert part is, though.
You made the jump? Good deal, I hope it is everything you think it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or