U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 01:44 PM

575 posts, read 564,610 times

Advertisements

It's official: Sweetie Pie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 11:52 AM

687 posts, read 643,448 times
That space has been a half dozen different restaurants over the past 15 years or so, let's hope this one makes it! There is not much business downtown after dark, but the Polar Market seems to do well.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:56 AM

575 posts, read 564,610 times
I hope it does well. I went to Dave's BBB across from the fairgrounds yesterday it was delicious and busy.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 PM

1,867 posts, read 2,973,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
That space has been a half dozen different restaurants over the past 15 years or so, let's hope this one makes it! There is not much business downtown after dark, but the Polar Market seems to do well.
Estelle's, Parlor Market, Wasabi, Mayflower - all are downtown and open for dinner successfully.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:30 PM

687 posts, read 643,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Estelle's, Parlor Market, Wasabi, Mayflower - all are downtown and open for dinner successfully.
Yuup, but the Mayflower's been there forever. IMO, it gets my on its history and reputation, certainly not on the quality of food or service.

The Parlor Market has been there longer than the other two (I believe), Wasabi is hit or miss as far as being busy at lunch, no clue on Estelle's.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Yuup, but the Mayflower's been there forever. IMO, it gets my on its history and reputation, certainly not on the quality of food or service.

The Parlor Market has been there longer than the other two (I believe), Wasabi is hit or miss as far as being busy at lunch, no clue on Estelle's.
You said earlier "there's not much business downtown after dark." I just listed four restaurants that are doing well for dinner.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:13 PM

146 posts, read 90,494 times
Quote:
You said earlier "there's not much business downtown after dark." I just listed four restaurants that are doing well for dinner.
Nice.. A capital city with a population of 170K has a downtown with four WHOLE restaurants open after dark. Slow it down Jacktown.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashington View Post
Nice.. A capital city with a population of 170K has a downtown with four WHOLE restaurants open after dark. Slow it down Jacktown.
What an idiotic statement. I listed just four off the top of my head, but there are several others including Hal n Mals, Martins, One Block East, Old Capital Inn.

But whatever number I throw out won't be enough for you. Here's a test. How many restaurants (not fast food or chains) are open in Madison at night, after 9pm?

Old 07-13-2018, 11:34 AM

146 posts, read 90,494 times
Quote:
What an idiotic statement. I listed just four off the top of my head, but there are several others including Hal n Mals, Martins, One Block East, Old Capital Inn.

But whatever number I throw out won't be enough for you. Here's a test. How many restaurants (not fast food or chains) are open in Madison at night, after 9pm?
No clue. Madison is also tiny and doesn't have almost 200K people living in it. Nor is it the capital city of the state. Plus who cares about Madison? Why did it just get interjected into this conversation? Just because Jackson sucks doesn't mean Madison is any better or worse.

What about Brandon, Clinton, Flowood, Pearl, Ridgeland? Jackson is central to every single one of those cities but still can't draw in enough people to support more than a few restaurants after dark. Especially in the "downtown" area (I hate to even call the area that people call downtown Jackson, "downtown" -- That's almost an insult to the downtown area of cities everywhere.)

The City of Jackson's employees and leadership are the most incapable people that I think I've ever seen. I mean MDOT is stopping payments because Jackson couldn't complete a simple audit that they've had a year or more to complete. Just what the city needs -- even more delays on fixing the roads. But who cares? Apparently no one except the poor residents and businesses that are stuck living and operating there.. They are the ones that truly lose in all of this.

Last edited by dwashington; 07-13-2018 at 11:45 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 09:47 PM

49 posts, read 32,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashington View Post
No clue. .....
The City of Jackson's employees and leadership are the most incapable people that I think I've ever seen. I mean MDOT is stopping payments because Jackson couldn't complete a simple audit that they've had a year or more to complete. Just what the city needs -- even more delays on fixing the roads. But who cares? Apparently no one except the poor residents and businesses that are stuck living and operating there.. They are the ones that truly lose in all of this.
AMEN.

Also, When is the last time they attracted a real money paying (or large) employer inside the Interstate Triangle (I55,I20 and I220)? When?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson