U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 PM

687 posts, read 643,448 times

Advertisements

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...res/772604002/

You may have to view a cached version or switch to incognito.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 05:14 AM

12 posts, read 3,471 times
The report doesn't mention the expense of security guards, security cameras, security bars on windows, soft body armor, armored-up family car, heavy duty tires that need to be replaced monthly because of the pot-holes...

Old 07-13-2018, 08:57 AM

667 posts, read 419,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Guzinya View Post
The report doesn't mention the expense of security guards, security cameras, security bars on windows, soft body armor, armored-up family car, heavy duty tires that need to be replaced monthly because of the pot-holes...
Heavy duty tires is the only item on your list that's actually needed.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:49 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,974,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Heavy duty tires is the only item on your list that's actually needed.
Maybe a beefed up suspension system...

Old 07-13-2018, 05:59 PM

667 posts, read 419,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Maybe a beefed up suspension system...
Added to the shopping cart.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:57 PM

687 posts, read 643,448 times
Was recently in Ohio, their roads are almost as bad.

Last edited by viverlibre; 07-13-2018 at 09:08 PM..

Old 07-13-2018, 10:05 PM

49 posts, read 32,769 times
Quote:
Are you from Jackson? I suspect you are not. None of these are required to be in Jackson.

I am neither black nor white but drove around in Jackson more than a decade and know most of those streets like the back of my hand. At no time I required whatever your mentioned above or any thing close to it. Occasionally people approach me for money, too close, that scared me a bit but they understand and move on (yes move on) if I smile and tell the truth (that I carry plastic) or give them some cash if I have.
A few times (when it was too cold or too hot I gave them ride too. I had no issues. People are friendly.
My take on this Jack city situation: Its what people do if there is no fitting jobs creation "within their vicinity"?

I do agree with those heavy duty tires and shock absorbs. You need those. Thanks to the condition roads and whatever reasons behind that situation.

Regarding the original news in CL: It could be that city leaders are doing something up there (other than fixing roads) that is working (or appears to be working.) If that is true keep up that good work.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:56 AM

12 posts, read 3,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VennyG View Post
Are you from Jackson? I suspect you are not. None of these are required to be in Jackson.

No, but us country folk up here in Madison like to poke fun at you Jacktown dwellers. Anyway, have you driven around the west side lately? You know, hung out near the zoo, or do you limit your travel to the Fondren/Belhaven areas for safety?

Asking for a friend.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:49 PM

49 posts, read 32,769 times
Quote:
No, but us country folk up here in Madison like to poke fun at you Jacktown dwellers. Anyway, have you driven around the west side lately? You know, hung out near the zoo, or do you limit your travel to the Fondren/Belhaven areas for safety?
Asking for a friend.
Northside, Woodrow Wilson, State street, HangingMoss/West, Bailey/Gallatin etc I drive around in general.
Hmm... Ellis avenue, I did not drive around recently, past one year. No particular reason. I like to drive around town for fun to see people walking around or to notice how demographics are changing/improving. I like that. I drove around Fondren enough times in the past and no longer get that "kick" any more.

I will make it a point to drive on Ellis next time

Old 07-16-2018, 12:49 PM

146 posts, read 90,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VennyG View Post
Northside, Woodrow Wilson, State street, HangingMoss/West, Bailey/Gallatin etc I drive around in general.
Hmm... Ellis avenue, I did not drive around recently, past one year. No particular reason. I like to drive around town for fun to see people walking around or to notice how demographics are changing/improving. I like that. I drove around Fondren enough times in the past and no longer get that "kick" any more.

I will make it a point to drive on Ellis next time
Lol .. You must drive a company vehicle or an old vehicle that you don't care about to be willing to ride around those areas for fun.. Tires & rims / balancing / alignments way too expensive for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson