U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2018, 03:01 PM

210 posts, read 340,710 times

Advertisements

https://www.finditinfondren.com/2018...ventowncenter/

This could be wonderful for Jackson. I also love seeing other parts of the city growing steadily. A craft donuts place would be wonderful for Jackson and terrible for my waistline.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 PM

722 posts, read 401,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popquez87 View Post
https://www.finditinfondren.com/2018...ventowncenter/

This could be wonderful for Jackson. I also love seeing other parts of the city growing steadily. A craft donuts place would be wonderful for Jackson and terrible for my waistline.
Crazy to me that two very positive posts, this one and they one I posted on the new L3 HQ in Madison, go relatively un-replied to, for the most part.

It's almost like people purposely avoid them.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:54 PM

687 posts, read 643,448 times
Both are good news, but if you read this article, there's really not too much this and L3 already has a large presence in Madison and Central MS.

We've seen countless articles like the Belhaven Town Center. Ten years ago, Ben Allen told us there would be thousands of people living downtown by now, they still haven't shown up. He also told us that changing Capitol St to two way and installing roundabouts would make downtown more walkable and encourage retail development. Well, he was right about it being more walkable, you can walk across Capitol at noon on Monday and likely not see a passing car. On the bright side, the pavers in the middle of the street have provided impromptu parking for the Parlor Market and Federal Building (the oil stains from leaking engines really adds character).

Old 08-08-2018, 07:04 AM

146 posts, read 90,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Crazy to me that two very positive posts, this one and they one I posted on the new L3 HQ in Madison, go relatively un-replied to, for the most part.

There's just nothing to say. Do you know how many "plans" we've seen come and go? Just another day.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:12 PM

1,031 posts, read 958,410 times
Quote:

If you lived here you would know that L3 was already here. They just changed the name. Hardly worth throwing a ticker tape parade over.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 PM

12 posts, read 3,453 times
Nothing has changed. L-3 Vertex aka Vertex Aerospace has been bought out by American Industrial Partners. Only the sign out front, along with letterhead and business cards will change.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
If you lived here you would know that L3 was already here. They just changed the name. Hardly worth throwing a ticker tape parade over.
They are planting a flag in Madison, and creating 70 new jobs.

If you want to say those things don't mean anything, or that those jobs won't materialize, that's fine, but criticize economic development all over the nation that touts those things, don't criticize just Mississippi.

That's where posters like you show your true colors of negativity.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:57 PM

1,031 posts, read 958,410 times
Quote:
They are planting a flag in Madison, and creating 70 new jobs.

If you want to say those things don't mean anything, or that those jobs won't materialize, that's fine, but criticize economic development all over the nation that touts those things, don't criticize just Mississippi.

That's where posters like you show your true colors of negativity.
They. Were. Already. Here.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison2013 View Post
They. Were. Already. Here.
Read. The. Article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson