U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:16 AM

3,150 posts, read 4,001,766 times

Advertisements

Black Mountain must have been a terrible place. People were as bad as they could possibly be. Children would slap your face. The babies cried for liquor. The birds all sang base. People even sweetened their tea with gunpowder, according to Bessie Smith. And who am I to contradict Miss Bessie Smith? I mean, she had a razor AND a gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zATPA5le7ZQ

But Black Mountain People were total amateurs at badness, compared to folks in Canton ("The City of Lights") - a place which has been polishing its reputation for wickedness, for generations. Here's the latest: Jackson Jambalaya: Voter Fraud & Vote-Buying in Canton

And, of course, there's always something interesting going on at Canton Municipal Utilities: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/201...er-100000.html

Oh, and here's drone footage of the 'Lights'. There's no sound. So, may I suggest Bette Midler's 'From a Distance'? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl83wJo--Aw

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; Today at 01:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:51 AM

977 posts, read 2,021,449 times
Canton. Home of purty lights to distract you from the malfeasance taking place just under the surface. It's their own fault though for voting these shysters and scoundrels into office.

Old Today, 01:28 PM

746 posts, read 428,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Canton. Home of purty lights to distract you from the malfeasance taking place just under the surface. It's their own fault though for voting these shysters and scoundrels into office.
The people who voted those folks AGREE with the agendas of those criminals. That's exactly what they wanted to happen (i.e. a bunch of fake votes), they just got caught.

Old Today, 03:06 PM

3,150 posts, read 4,001,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Yep! Like I said, "from a distance...", it all looks so pretty - at night, looking down on the town square via a drone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
The people who voted those folks AGREE with the agendas of those criminals. That's exactly what they wanted to happen (i.e. a bunch of fake votes), they just got caught.
Ever so true. And the fun continues: now, the old Fire Chief's indicted, too. Jackson Jambalaya: 7 is not Lucky Number in Canton. One of the comments under this update, asks if there's anybody in the town who is honest. That reminded me of a line from 'Black Mountain Blues', which I neglected to paraphrase, but should have. Bessie Smith tells us that even if a jury in Black Mountain did, somehow, actually manage to convict someone, the Judge would go his bail. Sure sounds like Canton, to me.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; Today at 03:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or