U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 1,943 times

Advertisements

Hi I am in 30s and will be moving to Madison MS for my new job.
Since I am new to the area, I am not interested in buying a house yet until I become familiarized with the area after living in the area for a few years.

I would like to rent a 3-4 bedroom house, preferably with updated amenities, large beautiful kitchen.
A lot of the houses listed on realtor/zillow/trulia/hotpads for rental are so ugly and outdated, and I am not interested in renting them. It seems all the nice houses are only available for sale, why is that?

I hear Gluckstadt area is good to live in and not so much in the Madison city area.

Where is the best area to rent a house in Madison?
and which communities in Gluckstadt is good to live in?

I was thinking of renting a house near Reunion or Lake Caroline, or gluckstadt, is that a good idea?
I don't see any houses available for rental near there on realtor.com / zillow/trulia/hotpads, so where can I go and find out what's available for rental in Reunion/Lake Caroline/Gluckstadt?

Thank you for helping out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 11:14 AM

3,280 posts, read 4,459,617 times
Honestly, I don't understand why you're having trouble. Within SECONDS, I found two listings which ought to be up to your standards. This one's in 'Lost Rabbit', which is a classy planned community on "The Big Water" (otherwise disgustingly known as "The Rez", or "The Ross Barnett Memorial Reservoir" - but it's a big lake, and much prettier than that stupid name would suggest): https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M89790-17358 Anyway, that's the price point at which you're going to find the nice houses which are good-enough for a person with your expectations. Anything cheaper, and the riffraff wants to move in.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 05-05-2019 at 11:33 AM..

Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 AM

920 posts, read 922,486 times
You'll need a good looking wife to be accepted in the Reunion's Pineapple Community!

Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 AM

1,282 posts, read 864,855 times
Rents are sky high, mainly due to the younger generation who refuses to buy, for whatever reason. You're not going to find what you're looking for unless you're ready to pay up like GG said. I recommend doing your research and buying. I looked forever for rentals when I moved here but just could not find anything worth the price.

If you buy in Madison/Gluckstadt, you will likely get your money back or make money on the house, assuming you keep it up.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:59 AM

2,123 posts, read 3,402,050 times
Change your plans. Instead of renting and moving your family immediately, you need to perform some quick house hunting trips with the goal of purchasing, not renting.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 1,943 times
Thanks for all your replies. The house pointed out by GG is one of the few nicest on on the website but it's in lost rabbit. I'm looking to stay on the west of highway 55. The price is not an issue as long as I can find a nice rental. Theres a lot of nice house between 300k-500k that I'd like to rent. The houses in reunion and burne run are beautiful and i would like to rent similar looking houses. I dont need a large house, I just need a smallest house with the most updated amenities.

Also the nice places on website do not allow pets and that will be a problem as I have a cat.

I wont be purchasing a house until 2-3years later.

Are timber bridge, ashbrook, clearview drive, stillhouse creek drive, woodland hills Blvd, all nice area ?what is the difference among them?Which area should I avoid living in madison?

Old 05-06-2019, 01:11 PM

920 posts, read 922,486 times
There are no areas in Madison or Gluckstadt (Gluckstadt has a Madison mailing address) that need avoiding; however, in Ridgeland and Canton, there are plenty of areas to avoid.

I have coworkers in Ashbrook, it is nice. For the most part, as long as it has a Madison address it is good.

One note of caution. The real estate market in Madison is strong, so if the house is kept as a rental (rather than sold), there may be some issue with it, like foundation problems. Foundation problems in central MS are very common and would have little effect on my decision to rent a property.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 PM

110 posts, read 55,180 times
Why would anyone say the city of Madison area is no longer a good area; are you kidding? Madison is hitting its zenith, as the construction of downtown finally begins soon in earnest. Once the Reunion/Green Oak/North Old Canton Rd interchange is built connecting Annandale and Reunion to the North Old Canton Rd area which runs adjacent to the Natchez Trace, the city will begin to develop in full. With each square foot of the city increasingly developed, the remaining land will become increasingly valuable, thus driving up the quality of developments. If the nationally economy can somehow remain strong, it will be fun to watch the city as it moves into high gear.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:08 AM

30 posts, read 7,611 times
I've been looking at real estate in Jackson --- looks like many areas are selling for less than they were a few years ago ---seems to be a buyers market

Old 10-02-2019, 12:32 PM

2,123 posts, read 3,402,050 times
Also, if you're considering a purchase in Madison area, keep in mind the market time. No matter how nice Madison may be this area is not growing, which limits the number of people actually looking for nice houses. If you think you may need to sell, be prepared for your house to stay on the market for many months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson