U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 20,003 times

Advertisements

we are thinking about moving to Clinton from Vicksburg partly for the schools..we have two younger kids and don't know if it is a safe place and has good schools..please help..can you tell me if the neighborhood near by schools are safe?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 9,099 times
Default moving to Clinton from Vicksburg

Hey.....I made the same move for the same reason in 1999. I had two daughters, only one school age at the time. We have never regretted moving here. The schools are excellent, not perfect, but much more education oriented and challenging than V'burg. We have a brand new beautiful K-1 school that will just be opening this school year. There are several subdivisions in Clinton....Woodmoor, Countrywood, Olde Vineyard just to name a few. We live on the south side of the interstate because my husband still commutes to V'burg for work. We are from V'burg so it was a hard decision to make to move here but we have never regretted it. It is a close knit community. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM

10 posts, read 41,124 times
Default reply to question about clinton neighborhoods around schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by emine View Post
we are thinking about moving to Clinton from Vicksburg partly for the schools..we have two younger kids and don't know if it is a safe place and has good schools..please help..can you tell me if the neighborhood near by schools are safe?
just checking to see if you are still on this service let me know

Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,364 times
Smile Looking for some info...

I am planning to move to Clinton, MS with 2 kids to join my husband who has been there for a while. I am looking for more detailed information on: piano class for elementary student (preferably leading to a certificate), library, soccer, swimming class, public community center for women seeking some free or low cost activities, i.e aerobic, community cooking, etc.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 PM

351 posts, read 1,026,745 times
I am a product of the Clinton schools and although I graduated 15 years ago, I hear that the schools are still considered very highly. I am familiar with Woodmoor (relative lives there) and it seems like a nice community with deed restrictions to maintain values. It's a safe suburb, sleepier than Madison/Ridgeland (which is where you'll probably go for shopping), but with the benefit of little traffic or outsiders.

As far as swimming and sports, relatives tell me that MC has a great health center complex and the new YMCA is really nice (less pricey than MC).

Old 01-25-2009, 05:12 PM

9 posts, read 43,128 times
My cousin lives there and has his choice of any school or practically any place to live. His kids have done quite well there. One has graduated and doing very well at MS State and the other two haven't graduated from HS yet, but the shool district and community as well, have a very good reputation. It is ranked highly in the RE market and resale because of the friendly community oriented climate of Clinton. Having Mississippi College there is also a plus because of the quality of students.

I have never heard any negatives of the Clinton Public Schools. The area is growing and financially, you will be comforted to know is steady and home and businesses are not likely to lose their value. Taxes aren't bad, if one can say that about any taxes.

No, I don't live there and I am not employed by a PR or RE firm.

Have you gotten a packet of info from the Chamber of Commerce or Tourism department?

Good luck, I remember how important to me all this was when my child was in school.

Eleanor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson