U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM

4 posts, read 20,032 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Clinton in about a month and I am not so sure about the schools there. There is a big comparison between madison and clinton.. I am mostly interested in clinton. can any one tell me more about the area and schools? which side is safe?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:33 PM

6 posts, read 23,268 times
I am a 22 year resident of Clinton who recently graduated from Mississippi State. I am returning to live in my hometown with my fiance. Both Clinton and Madison have excellent schools. The Clinton school district is slightly smaller but still has good course offerings and activities. Obviously, I will say that Clinton is the better of the two (since Madison and Clinton are "rivals"). Everyone attends the same schools all the way through for example all K-1 attend the same school, all 2-3 attend the same school-everyone attends the same grade school or middle school, junior high whatever there is ONE district. The grades are divided up K-1 at one school 2-3 at another, 4-5 at another, 6 alone, 7-8 at a Junior high, 9th alone, and then 10-12 at the high school. There is also a separate alternative school and a career center-with more technical experience. Clinton has alot of educated people living here with people who work at Mississippi College, Belhaven, Millsaps, Hinds CC, and Jackson State in addition to the Army Corp of Engineers in Vicksburg. I have been looking at houses both for myself and my fiance and for my parents who are in their late 50s. The nicer older neighborhoods are "clinton park" "huntcliff" and "trailwood/countrywood." Stay away from Cherry Park, the Briars, and Woodmoor. For newer homes, Indian trails is in walking distance to the high school. Southern Oaks and Bentwood are two of the nicest expensive neighborhoods. Bruenburg and Oakhurst are two mixed price new communities. New starter homes are found in Cambridge Cove, Kirkwood, and Indian Trails.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,938 times
What apartment complexes to you think the safest for student attending Law School at Jackson?

Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 PM

581 posts, read 1,279,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emine View Post
I will be moving to Clinton in about a month and I am not so sure about the schools there. There is a big comparison between madison and clinton.. I am mostly interested in clinton. can any one tell me more about the area and schools? which side is safe?
Excellent choice and great school district, one of the best in the state. You will enjoy Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson