Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 AM

809 posts, read 1,859,545 times

Advertisements

If you see a person in Jackson asking you to sign the Petition called
"6 Flags Jackson: Promoting A New Jackson"

PLEASE SIGN IT!

Last night I signed on to help some other concerned citizens of Jackson who have started a movement, a push if you will, to bring some sort of economic boost to Mississippi, especially Jackson, since it's the face of the state with the most tourism. They've decided that just asking City Council members to bring this topic up in meetings is not enough because they could care less. They are more focused on making sure you don't park your car on the grass than economic growth, as one of the petitioners chuckled to me. So..it's come to this. taking the fight to the people on the streets of Jackson. So if you see somebody walking up to you with a clipboard don't be alarmed, it's not the census bureau...lol...just a friendly Jacksonian needing your support to help improve the quality of life in Mississippi. Hopefully we can get this on the Mayor's desk or somebody of influence.

p.s. - It's also a page in the petition that asks you, the Jacksonian, what else you would like to see come to Jackson in addition to a 6 Flags?. I put a Movie Theater because well...Jackson needs one..lol

Also, if you don't see us out there you can sign on here and I will add those names to the petition.

GO JACKSON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,387,186 times
I recommend going Downtown during the weekday lunch hour. There are thousands of people walking around during that time, so it would be a good place to seek signatures.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
I recommend going Downtown during the weekday lunch hour. There are thousands of people walking around during that time, so it would be a good place to seek signatures.
They've been downtown since this morning so I'm sure they'll catch the lunch crowd too. They'll also be hitting the college campuses and highschools, Jr. Highs too. Focusing on what the youth wants is ultimately more important. If we can get the youth voice to sound off the loudest I think we can make the Mayor or somebody take notice.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM

114 posts, read 223,044 times
Default Have fun and faith in God

I hope that the city of Jackson receives some movie theaters and other places such as gardens/parks with conservatories, like the ones at Lincoln Park and Garfield Park in Chicago,IL;and improvements in its zoo,libraries,transportation systems, and other structures.

Have fun and faith in God.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 AM

5,000 signatures so far. kinda low for a city claiming to be "ready for a renaissance". It seems like the people of Jackson don't really know what they want. It's just a petition people we're not tyring ot sell you anything..lol...one guy thought we were with the National Inquirer....LOL..pitiful.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,387,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
They've been downtown since this morning so I'm sure they'll catch the lunch crowd too. They'll also be hitting the college campuses and highschools, Jr. Highs too. Focusing on what the youth wants is ultimately more important. If we can get the youth voice to sound off the loudest I think we can make the Mayor or somebody take notice.
You may want to try downtown next week, since a lot of buildings are closed downtown due to the current water shortage.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,469,889 times
6 Flags?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:57 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,521,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post
I hope that the city of Jackson receives some movie theaters and other places such as gardens/parks with conservatories, like the ones at Lincoln Park and Garfield Park in Chicago,IL;and improvements in its zoo,libraries,transportation systems, and other structures.
I'd agree these are much more important things to work on, and would contribute much more to "quality of life" on a day-to-day basis for everyone.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM

35 posts, read 117,852 times
Same here! Jackson needs many things and 6 flags is not the answer.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM

783 posts, read 2,254,735 times
Umm jackson and MS need MONEY. A six flags would attract lots of that AND provide a few hundred jobs. If we could get a six flags maybe down near that park the keep talking about on the man made island planned for the Pearl river it would bring a LOT of money to the area.

You cannot pay for all that other stuff without money. We need jobs to supply that money and taxes. You can't tax people who have no jobs to go to and are collecting food stamps and ssi. Yeah we needs lots of stuff but worrying about all the infrastructure we need is totally putting the cart load of money before the starving horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson