Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 PM

19 posts, read 50,971 times

Advertisements

Clinton is really nice. We live about 20 miles from there and a lot of people have moved there and commuted here to work. From what I understand the schools are great. I had a friend that lived there and she loved it. There is a huge movie theatre but I've heard they are having some problems there so I'd be careful. My friend did tell me to be careful when looking at houses because of foundation problems there....something about the soil??/

Do not go to South Jackson which is right up from Clinton! Go to North Jackson or over to Lakeland Drive and that should only take you maybe 20 min.

From what I hear Madison is the best!! I have heard NOTHING but good about Madison.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,968 times
Default Clinton is a great place to live

I live in Clinton, and it is a wonderful town to raise a family in. The schools are always at the top of the state rankings, the people are friendly, the police are very responsive to problems - I would not hesitate to recommend Clinton as a great place to live. You should not have any trouble finding a nice home under $150,000 - I think there are several for sale now in my subdivision (Trailwood - just off Springridge Road).

Old 03-12-2010, 12:54 PM

30 posts, read 77,654 times
Thanks for the response Championhilz. My husband will be leaving in three weeks and needless to say we are a wreck. He will be staying in a travel trailer at the Springridge Mobile Estates park for a few months until we can make other housing arrangements. The RV park is right next to his work. Can you tell me if this is a nice enough place for a temporary housing arrangement? Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:14 PM

580 posts, read 1,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebrink View Post
Thanks for the response Championhilz. My husband will be leaving in three weeks and needless to say we are a wreck. He will be staying in a travel trailer at the Springridge Mobile Estates park for a few months until we can make other housing arrangements. The RV park is right next to his work. Can you tell me if this is a nice enough place for a temporary housing arrangement? Thanks in advance!!
Yes it is. He won't have any problems ... trust me! Love the laid back atmosphere of Clinton. It's like running out of a large crowd and being able to breath. Another thing I like about living in the Clinton area is how close I am to Vicksburg to gambling ! They serve alcohol by the class but zero tolerance on Sundays. We welcome you all to the area. One thing about the City of Jackson and metro area is it's moving forward with more growth and development.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,799,090 times
Gambling. Woo-hoo!

Why don't you just mail them a check. It'd be easier and save some time.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM

30 posts, read 77,654 times
Actually we will check out the gambling after we get settled in. We don't have any close to us where we are right now. Thanks for the info bornjacksonian!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,968 times
Default Clinton is Great!

Sorry it has taken so long to respond to your post, I was just notified of it today. As the other post said, the RV park is nice - in fact, it is just down the street from where I live. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me - championhilz@comcast.net

Jeff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson