Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,484,997 times

Advertisements

$500 For You and $500 For Your Friend!
New referral program.
Do you know someone who is interested in Valley Membership? If a current TPC Sawgrass Member refers a new Valley Member both the current Member and the new Member will receive $500 gift cards for TPC Sawgrass. New Valley Members must name referring Member before or at the time of application.
To find out more about how you can benefit by referring a new Member, contact Jennifer Belisario, Sales and Marketing Manager at 904.280.2412

_____________________________.

Nice golf weather is coming soon - and the TPC Sawgrass is offering
this special on its Valley Membership. The Valley Membership costs $2400/year (no initiation fee). It's a family membership. Everyone in the family can play unlimited rounds on the Valley Course for cart fees only ($20 for 9 holes - $30 for 18 holes). Pull carts cost loss - and one can walk the course for free at certain times (the latter being especially good for kids). You also get a 20% discount on food - items in the pro shop - and golf instruction. You have access to the Stadium Course (different rates apply depending on the time of year).

My husband and I have been members for quite a few years now. Love the facility - and think the Valley Membership is a great deal. An even better deal in light of the offer mentioned above.

Note that for those of you who don't play golf - there's a social membership available (don't know the current terms). And the dining room (which is pretty good IMO) is open to the public.

Feel free to give a holler if you have any questions. Robyn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,194 times
Thanks Robyn!! I saved this for my SO. He loves to golf over there!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM

581 posts, read 920,634 times
Is there a food and beverage minimum in addition to the $2400 annual fee. That's seems very reasonable.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM

No food and beverage minimum (but you do get a 20% discount from "to the public" food prices when you dine). And there are special member dining events. We're going to a Cakebread wine dinner next month. Now would be a perfect time to join IMO - because you can use the $500 credit for the various dining events that are held during the fall/winter holidays.

You're right. It is a good deal. But there is a small catch. This isn't a country club where you'll always be assured of your 9:15 tee time on Wednesday with your favorite golf buddies. It's pretty much a resort course. And subject to being booked by groups and resort guests. So you have to be a little flexible of terms of your tee times. Frankly - tee times haven't been much of a problem for us during the current economic downturn (which I don't expect to turn up anytime soon). They weren't a problem before the economic downturn either (we've been members for about 8 years now).

Also - you won't have access during the TPC in May - and for a few days after. And there's a new tournament - a Nationwide tournament - being held there this October. So that's another week out of the schedule. OTOH - they're making the course tournament ready now. If you've ever wanted to play narrow fairways with challenging rough - and fast greens - now's the time .

Note that I play with my husband - and the group of women they've organized there (the Valley Girls*). There are regular events and tournaments (like the club championship) for all members. Everything from very competitive low handicap golfer events to friendly 9 hole couples events. OTOH - we have nodding acquaintances with a lot of guys who simply leave work once or twice a week - and grab a quick 9 holes on their way home from work (easy to do during daylight savings time).

If you're not familiar with the Valley Course - it's a Pete Dye course - and I like it a lot. It's friendly to the high handicap golfer (I'm a 31) - but challenging to the low handicap golfer because it has 16 holes of lateral water . Has been rated the 2nd most underrated golf course in Florida in one of those golf magazines. Probably because it's the "little brother" to the Stadium Course. The Stadium Course is of course the main attraction for tourists and those on golf outings - even though it is relatively unplayable if you're an average golfer. Yet - I've seen people who've shot 130 - but are happy that they made par on 17 .

Anyway - if you're in JAX - feel free to DM me if you think you might be interested. My husband and I can meet you over there over for a drink and give you the 10 cent tour (we live 5 minutes away). And if you're in California - and get here occasionally - there's something called an associate membership. Costs a lot less per year - but you pay pretty much full freight for golf. Robyn

*I assume you're a guy - and don't know if you have a wife - but the Valley Girls is an informal group of ladies who play through the fall/winter/spring. It's a group that's open and welcoming to golfers of all levels.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:20 PM

27 posts, read 77,872 times
I used to caddy out there. I always thought the Valley membership was a good deal.

dont yall get to play stadium at a discount?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 PM

When were you a caddy?

Yes - there is a discount on the Stadium Course - cost depends on time of year - and whether you bring guests to play with you. Still - it's pretty pricey for my level of golf. It's a *very* difficult course.

OTOH - I had always wanted to walk the Stadium Course (or any big deal course) with a caddy. My husband has MS - and his walking isn't the best. We don't travel to play golf. So the Stadium Course - our home course - was fine by me. And - this May - I went out myself with a caddy on a wide-open afternoon (about 10 people on the course).* Only lasted for 9 holes walking (it was pretty hot) - but played the back 9 with a cart. Got a par on 3 - but otherwise spent a lot of time "on the beach" (the worst part of my game).

If you were a caddy there - you must be a pretty good golfer (most caddies there are). Yes? Sometimes - with the staff at the TPC - I think I should be doing the work - and the staff should be playing golf - since they're much much better golfers than I am. And - FWIW - I loved my caddy this May. He had worked the week before for Josh Scobee during a US Open qualifier - and didn't skip a beat to work with a much lesser golfer like me . Robyn

* - when we renewed our membership last year - we had a choice of 1 free month - or 3 free passes - cart fees only - on the Stadium Course. We took the passes - and played one round as a couple - and I played the third round myself.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 PM

581 posts, read 920,634 times
We're trying to find the right house in Atlantic Beach. We checked out the Selva Marina Country Club; we like it but it's quite a bit more pricey than this TPC Valley option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville