U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 8,958 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where a good pumkin farm to take a 2 year old this fall,,I am willing to drive at least 2 hours to one,,thanks,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Jacksonville, FL? Jacksonville, IL? Jacksonville, ??.....

I don't know where any pumkin farms are but I do know a couple good Pumpkin Farms around my area in Illinois.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 AM

Jacksonville Florida,,

Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 AM

615 posts, read 1,430,937 times
Where to find pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Hayrides and More in Northern Florida - and other useful Halloween information!

Here is a list. We just moved here, so I've never been to any, but there seems to be several to pick from.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 AM

200 posts, read 533,095 times
My friends take their children to one on the Westside every year..I'll have to ask the name of it. Not a real pumpkin patch, but they line up all of the pumpkins and have hay rides, photo opportunities, etc.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 PM

14,635 posts, read 17,150,092 times
I don't think a 2 year old would know the difference between a real farm and a "pumpkin patch" in a place like a church yard. And the latter is a lot safer for a toddler (I always remember the terrible case of a young child falling down a well in a u-pick-em farm when I lived in Dade County). So I would save the driving time - and the gas - and go to one of the local pumpkin lots. We have a couple of really nice ones out here at the Beaches - but I'm sure they're all over town.

Another safe place to go is the zoo. It has its Spooktacular nights right before Halloween (although the evening events might be somewhat late for a toddler). Robyn

Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 PM

3,530 posts, read 6,999,134 times
I'll most defintely be enjoying a Pumpkin Patch this Fall season as well. Well, my itty-bitty bundle of joy and frustration will be enjoying the time. I will most likely be pulling straw out of the washer and finding a place to put said Jack O' Lantern. Did I mention they frighten me? Unheard of, I know, but then again you've heard of me now that you've read this. A quandry.

In any event, I know of two churches that will be hosting such lands of Autumn amusement and magic. DM me if you wish!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 AM

14 posts, read 69,418 times
The problem with finding a good pumpkin patch in Florida is that none of the farms in the area really grow them due to the humidity. Most pumpkins you will see at the churches and farmers markets are shipped in from faraway places. With that being said, Conner's A-Maize-Ing Acres (web.me.com/connerbettyjean/Conner_Farms_2010/Home.html) is a farm in Nassau County near the Georgia border that offers a corn maze, pumpkins, hayrides and other fun family activities on a farm during the fall season. I took my daughter (4) and her cousins (2,6) there for the first time last year and they had a blast. We plan on going again this year. The food offered there is also a draw for me. I had their pulled pork on top of cheese fries and it was delicious.

Pumpkin Patches and More.org that @hlauburn mentioned is a Web site where you can find many of the local pumpkin patches in one place:
www.pumpkinpatchesandmore.org/FLpnorth.php

I'd also check events.jacksonville.com or Jax4Kids.com and use 'pumpkin' as a search term.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by TRIAMUS; 09-09-2010 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: didn't know entering URLs would intelligently link automatically

Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Thanks everyone,,I will check them all all...

Old 09-29-2010, 05:46 PM

615 posts, read 1,430,937 times
Just wanted to post that Groupon.com is offering 1/2 off for tickets to Conner's Amazing Acres in Hilliard. Looks like they have hay rides, pumpkin patch, corn maze, petting zoo etc. You can get 2 tickets for $12. Looking forward to checking it out, especially when the weather is a little cooler!

Here's the link...

Dallas Deal of the Day | Local Daily Deals from Groupon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville