U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 42,080 times

Advertisements

My wife and I relocated from New England where we use to love Bob's discount furniture. But we can't find any place in JAX that has "nice" stuff and a good price. All the places on Phillips seemed Very expensive and Ashley had a limited selection

We are looking for a sectional... Any advice?

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 03:50 PM

8,204 posts, read 23,855,317 times
Haverty's Outlet is on Phillips.

They are closing in August. Whatever isn't sold will go to their Atlanta Outlet. They currently have everything marked down by 70%.......but.........their prices are inflated to start with, so I wasn't thrilled with the value per dollar there.

Still, we were recently looking for a sofa and looked there, and I did see some nice sectionals...it's worth a look (they get new stuff every week too).

If you like modern, Scan Design is awesome. Most of their stuff is quite expensive, but they have some less expensive stuff hidden in there too.

And then there's IKEA! Not in Jax yet (when? when IKEA? hurry up and get here ), but Orlando's close enough if you like IKEA's stuff (or order online/catalog and have it delivered).

If you like older stuff.....

Jax has a lot of antique shops that have furniture from all decades - Avonlea is a good one (on Philips & Baymeadows), San Jose Antique Mall has consignment furniture (on University Blvd between Phillips & San Jose Blvd) and there's also Red ____ (tag?) Consignment furniture (on Southside Blvd just before the Beach Blvd ramp...east side of Southside Blvd).

Old 07-05-2007, 01:11 PM

567 posts, read 1,522,717 times
We always had good experiences with Rooms To Go in the Jacksonville area.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM

17,831 posts, read 21,526,377 times
we have bought a lot of our stuff at Marions and most recently Havertys

Old 07-05-2007, 03:05 PM

1,346 posts, read 221,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
we have bought a lot of our stuff at Marions and most recently Havertys
I just bought some stuff at ashely, ok prices otherwise ho hum

Old 07-05-2007, 05:40 PM

142 posts, read 358,776 times
I try would CORT Furniture on University Blvd. They furnished my whole apartment and set it up and delivered it.

They have a package where you can get the Living Room, Dining Room & Bedroom for about 999, but the better material you can get for about 2,000k. Everything is included in the package, dining chairs, sofa chair, stands, you have to check it out they furnished my whole apartment, it was a blessing. You can look at their site for more information also Discount Furniture: Cort Furniture Clearance Centers God Bless

Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 PM

61 posts, read 197,011 times
While on our most recent house hunting trip to Jax, I picked up a Jacksonville Homebuyer magazine at one of the developments - they did a feature article on furniture and accessory stores in the area. A few that were not mentioned in the above posts are:

Center Stage - Atlantic Beach
Norwalk - the Furniture Idea - this is a nat'l chain with pretty good quality goods
Liberty Furniture
Woodchuck's Furniture & Clock Gallery - Mandarin
The Iron Gate

Here's the link for the magazine, they may have the article online:
Florida Homebuyer

Does Jax have a Macy's? We've picked up some great pieces here in So. FL at their clearance outlet - usually 1/3 of the original price.

Good luck...

Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 PM

265 posts, read 720,168 times
The items we purchased from norwalk are of the highest standards. They warranty their furniture. One of the cushions on the loveseat we bought from them started to show signs of wear (2.5 yrs old its the best spot in the LR). We took it in and they replaced it with a new cushion (including material) for free. The gentleman there said we could bring it in yearly if we wished and they would continue to honor the deal. Doesn't get much better than that.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 PM

1,346 posts, read 221,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samierra View Post
While on our most recent house hunting trip to Jax, I picked up a Jacksonville Homebuyer magazine at one of the developments - they did a feature article on furniture and accessory stores in the area. A few that were not mentioned in the above posts are:

Center Stage - Atlantic Beach
Norwalk - the Furniture Idea - this is a nat'l chain with pretty good quality goods
Liberty Furniture
Woodchuck's Furniture & Clock Gallery - Mandarin
The Iron Gate

Here's the link for the magazine, they may have the article online:
Florida Homebuyer

Does Jax have a Macy's? We've picked up some great pieces here in So. FL at their clearance outlet - usually 1/3 of the original price.

Good luck...
no macys here, maybe in the future

Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 PM

5 posts, read 26,879 times
Thumbs up I second Cort Furniture

You can get alot of nice stuff there-I got some living room stuff in the Clearance Center. I just dont like to spend too much on things that get boring after awhile. This way, when you move, it's easier and better to have Salvation Army pick it up and haul it away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville