Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,275,366 times

Advertisements

Hey I saw this place at the last art walk handing out menus and it loks like they are now open. downtown needed a good thai place.

New restaurant opens downtown | jacksonville.com

Downtown’s newest — and only — Thai restaurant is now open.
Indochine, located above the Burrito Gallery at 21 E. Adams St., opened for business Tuesday. Its menu is a mix of Thai and Southeast Asian cuisine Restaurant veterans Mark Salter (Square One, Pom’s Thai Bistro), Ladda Salter (Basil Thai & Sushi, Pom’s Thai Bistro) and Executive Chef Susie Sysouvanh (Thai Garden) are partners in the new venture.

With its large windows and exposed brick walls and ductwork, Indochine has a loft-like feel. An L-shaped planter separates the space into two dining areas, an open space — perfect for happy hour celebrations — and a more intimate, carpeted area — ideal for lingering dinners and conversation. The latter features dark wood tables and booth seating with grassy green-colored cushions running the length of one wall. Artwork — some for sale —hangs throughout the space.

For lunch, there’s a selection of starters (Fried Tofu, $6; Crab Rangoons, $6), salads (Baby Mixed Greens, $5; Yum Salad, $7-9) and soups (Wonton Soup, $4; Pho, $9-11). Entrees range from Pad Thai to Fried Rice to Mixed Vegetables to Red Curry and more ($9-11). The expanded dinner menu features Duck Curry ($19), Short Ribs ($22), Sea of Indochine (22) and more.

From the bar, there’s specialty cocktails including Thai Mojito ($8), Pomegranate Martini ($8) and Blood Orange Margarita ($11). In addition to import and domestic beers, Indochine features four Bold City Brewery drafts: Killer Whale Cream Ale, Mad Manatee IPA, Fritz Hefeweizen and Dukes Brown Ale. And of course, there’s sake.

Indochine is open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and dinner Tuesday through Saturday from 5 to 11 p.m.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Yup. Just one of many new projects in Downtown.

I saw the plans some months ago, but it looks even better than I thought. Pretty impressed.

Think I'll stop by on Thursday for lunch....

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs573.snc3/31263_394992498426_364373698426_3985609_2706421_n. jpg (broken link)

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs573.snc3/31263_394989888426_364373698426_3985568_6679867_n. jpg (broken link)

indochine downtown jax Info | Facebook

Old 09-22-2010, 02:21 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,112,787 times
Thanks for sharing, looks good (and I love Pom's to I know this will be a high caliber). Now I'm hungry

Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 PM

Ate there for lunch today (this week is thier soft opening) and I was actually surprised: pretty darn good at reasonable prices. Simple menu. It was actually pretty full at 1pm too, which was somewhat surpirsing (pleasantly).

The ambiance/look is top notch. They have a small bar and cocktail menu, with lots of candles, exposed brick, decorative grasses,etc throughout the space....at night i'm sure it looks killer.

Yet another original, hip, nice dinner & drinks place in and around Downtown.

The coolest thing about it is probably the entrace way. They do have an elevator, but taking the semi exposed staircase is pretty cool, have to admit.

Very glad it didn't disappoint. Still working out kinks (ie, the starters got mixed up, forgot to bring plates initially) but I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Restaurant Review: Downtown gets very good Thai with Indochine

"We have a new Thai restaurant located in downtown Jacksonville! No, no, let me rephrase that: We have a very good new Thai restaurant in downtown Jacksonville. Indochine has opened its doors right above downtown fave Burrito Gallery (on Adams Street) and is already on my regular go-to list."

&

"I do not say this lightly, but after two different noodle dishes — the Phad Thai (chicken, $9) and the Phad See Ew (beef, $9) — I think they are some of the best I've had in Jacksonville."

&

"One last note: What a great renovation of an old downtown building. To get to Indochine, you walk up a small steel staircase with worn brick all around. Inside, nothing covers the large windows and nothing needs to — the natural light is perfect. Tables are comfortable, with vibrant green cushions lining one wall and most of the booths. Exposed brick, eye-catching art and a greenery-topped dividing wall finished off the elegant space.

Indochine is a welcome addition to the downtown dining scene."

From: http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/food-and-dining/2010-10-01/story/restaurant-review-downtown-gets-very-good-thai

Old 11-19-2014, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,569 times
Great food. Don't take the chopsticks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville