Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 12,837 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else living in St Johns Forest, unhappy with Litestream? Do you wish you could choose your TV provider?

If so, I would like to get all of the unhappy customers together and start a petition to vote LiteStream out of our community. We are paying a high association fee and we paid a high amount for our houses. Shouldn't we be able to choose our own TV provider?

Please reply to this and let me know.

LiteStream

Pros: You get to watch cable TV
Cons: Worst customer service, does not have any knowledgeable technical support people, crappy picture quality, does not offer HD for free like Dish Network, and does not try to improve anything since they have a monopoly in the communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM

3 posts, read 15,740 times
Litestream is pathetic and that is why I have DirecTV. Saint Johns Forest is contractually obligated to carry Litestream for about the next 6-8 years. I can't even get to my e-mail tonight. I get 60-70 pieces of spam every day; I have followed their advice to block it (Tools, Rules) and I still get it every day. Go down to their office off of WGV Blvd and let them know of your displeasure.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,296 times
I live in SJF and find that the TV service works without any real issues. I'd like some more HD Channels but overall I'm pretty happy with the TV service itself. Thier Internet service is another story altogether. It frequently drops and i have constant issues getting on the Internet.

I'm seriously looking at putting a leased line in because the Internet service is so unreliable. The cost is bit high but if I can find a couple of neighbors to share the bill then we can drop their ISP services. Reply back if your interested in sharing a T3 line.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:18 PM

4 posts, read 11,853 times
I just moved to Saint johns Forest and i am totally disappointed with internet service. I am ready to share the cost of leased line in order to get reliable service

Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 AM

31 posts, read 97,577 times
Hi, any updates here? - I asked our realtor and she said she has Litestream and she has not had any problems. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss View Post
Hi, any updates here? - I asked our realtor and she said she has Litestream and she has not had any problems. Thanks.
Of course she said that! After all she is trying to sell you a new home and make money in a bad economy. Type Litestream in the search box at the top of the page, and see what kind of reputation Litestream has. (Hint; its not good)

Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 PM

OK, so they suck! What is the alternative for internet, AT&T DSL? How is the speed on that, ok for streaming Netflix etc??? Thanks!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
It appears that if your in any of the communities listed (SJG&CC, SJF, Palencia and others) there are no alternatives to Litestream at this time. Or the main alternative is ... don't buy in a internet/cable provider locked down community. There has to be some that are not tied in with Litestream, doesn't there?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 PM

213 posts, read 314,897 times
Well, I am moving into Palencia in two weeks and not looking forward to Litestream, based solely on this forum. I am not technical at all but what are the options for internet? Is any one paying for the speed upgrade? I'm assuming it doesn't help?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
It appears that if your in any of the communities listed (SJG&CC, SJF, Palencia and others) there are no alternatives to Litestream at this time. Or the main alternative is ... don't buy in a internet/cable provider locked down community. There has to be some that are not tied in with Litestream, doesn't there?
Anybody who can confirm this? It seems crazy but I will not move there if I cannot get reliable and fast internet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville