Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 AM

44 posts, read 160,811 times

Advertisements

No, if you come in from the parking lot you go in that entrance on the right and it's the first place on the left. Used to be a music store if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
I wonder if that is what is going in where "Mr D's" use to be? Right inside when you first go in?
Mr D's btw was one place you could actually get a decent cheesesteak(he's from the jersey shore" Then he sold it and the new owners couldn't leave good enough alone and started adding all sorts of spices and stuff.
Sigh a cheesesteak is simple, cheese steak roll ok onions for some of you folks who have to have it as they say at Pats Steak in philly "wit"

Thanks for explaining the garbarge plate

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
hmmm I have always come in from the street side
I use to eat at fudruckers when I lived in NJ.
So I wonder what will be going in where Mr D's was. Hubby said they were building something under the blue tenting .
It will be nice to have place to go for lunch with hubby, They use to have a "ruby tuesdays" but they closed when they raised the rent right before the Super Bowl. Then they closed Mr D's so lol I haven't driven down to meet him for lunch lately.
I am not thrilled with the other choices but its me being the picky eater I am, not the places
I tried the "american cafe" think it is called but I don't like places that will only cook my hamburger med well or well.
But they do have good fries

karla

Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,203,313 times
Quote:
I wonder if that is what is going in where "Mr D's" use to be? Right inside when you first go in?
Mr D's btw was one place you could actually get a decent cheesesteak(he's from the jersey shore" Then he sold it and the new owners couldn't leave good enough alone and started adding all sorts of spices and stuff.
Sigh a cheesesteak is simple, cheese steak roll ok onions for some of you folks who have to have it as they say at Pats Steak in philly "wit"

Thanks for explaining the garbarge plate

karla

is there any good cheesesteak in JAX?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:
I tried the "american cafe" think it is called but I don't like places that will only cook my hamburger med well or well.

karla
I've been to American Cafe - didn't like it

I've been to the Mexican place on the river side of The Landing - didn't like it

A few other places over the years too.......I have to say, I've never had a memorable meal anywhere at The Landing .

Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I've been to American Cafe - didn't like it

I've been to the Mexican place on the river side of The Landing - didn't like it

A few other places over the years too.......I have to say, I've never had a memorable meal anywhere at The Landing .
on my one visit there it didn't appear to have any potential, there are lots of restaurants but nobody was in them at 7pm on a thursday, and that is not a healthy sign.
We wound up at bistro aix in san marco, there seem to be a few good places around there worth checking out.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
on my one visit there it didn't appear to have any potential, there are lots of restaurants but nobody was in them at 7pm on a thursday, and that is not a healthy sign.
We wound up at bistro aix in san marco, there seem to be a few good places around there worth checking out.
Right - a world of difference between The Landing and San Marco. There's always been something just "wrong" about The Landing.....it should be a great place to hang out, but it just isn't....and it never feels clean. Sleiman really needs to clean that place up .

San Marco, on the other hand, rocks - it's a great place to hang out, plenty of good places to eat.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:02 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
Quote:
hmmm I have always come in from the street side
I use to eat at fudruckers when I lived in NJ.
So I wonder what will be going in where Mr D's was. Hubby said they were building something under the blue tenting .
It will be nice to have place to go for lunch with hubby, They use to have a "ruby tuesdays" but they closed when they raised the rent right before the Super Bowl. Then they closed Mr D's so lol I haven't driven down to meet him for lunch lately.
I am not thrilled with the other choices but its me being the picky eater I am, not the places

karla
From what I read on MetroJax Mr Ds has a place off of JTB.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
there is a place on bowden but he sold it before he opened the now closed landing one.
haven't been there since might have to check it out.
kort I have been told there is a place at the beach on 3rd st called philly "something" that someone said their cheesesteaks are pretty good
The friend that tried it is over at the british open when he gets back I will ask him the name

Hubby was at the landing yesterday for lunch he said there is some kind of Bistro where Mr d's use to be

Old 07-20-2007, 03:46 AM

292 posts, read 725,308 times
Cool Rochester, garbage plate

Interesting..as Rochestarian I have a bit of nostalgia for the place. After living in the southwest--and soon to be FL-- western new york seems like heaven regarding housing costs, low crime, nice people and the like. But then again there isn't much in terms of opportunity, so I can't see myself returning to the area anytime soon.

P.S. I've heard there's a sports bar in Naples called Grills at 8004 Trail Blvd that serves a garbage plate if anybody is in that portion of the state

Rochester style 'garbage plate' added to menu at Grills of Naples

Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
there is a place on bowden but he sold it before he opened the now closed landing one.
haven't been there since might have to check it out.
kort I have been told there is a place at the beach on 3rd st called philly "something" that someone said their cheesesteaks are pretty good
The friend that tried it is over at the british open when he gets back I will ask him the name

Hubby was at the landing yesterday for lunch he said there is some kind of Bistro where Mr d's use to be
I know the place you're talking about, I haven't tried them yet so I can't say how good they are, nothing can beat pats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville