Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

I live in a city full of fools.
When the weatherman says there be a storm on Sunday night on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday & friday,...How long does it take to prepare for this Sunday night storm?
Growing up in Jacksonville I have learned, how to prepare for bad weather.
Go to your local store early when they first open. Stock up on CERTAIN goods to last at least a week.
Well here it is Tuesday after the Sunday night forecast, and the people of the city are still trying shop & prepare for a storm that has already happened
There is a saying "The Earlybird catches the best worms"....who came up with that phrase I ask?
On storm days when grocery stores open, are they just trying to make money or are they trying to assist the community? Its not both. The local DOT has known about storm as long as everyone else. Yet even those guys were not ready for the snow & ice....they are suppose to be the expert.
Back to that Earlybird statement....what happens to the late birds? do they get worms or starve? I hope they starve.
How stupid can one be to not prepare for a storm that has been forecast for days?
Glad I have major storm training. Most people around me....no storm training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville