Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
1 is probably fine 100 is a lil overboard now
I agree, I only wore one chain at a time. I only had 2 chains, both gold, both very expensive. I was no where near Slick Rick or Mr T thats for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,765 times
All this talk about dress code is funny. Not sure how anyone is profiling because of a dress code. Almost EVERY place like this (where people go for food/drinks) in NJ/NY has a similar dress code. This is done for various reasons, none of which are profiling.

We need to stop being so darn sensitive about things. If you're invited to a black tie wedding do you scream profiling?

Old 01-13-2011, 06:35 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Thank You, Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
All this talk about dress code is funny. Not sure how anyone is profiling because of a dress code. Almost EVERY place like this (where people go for food/drinks) in NJ/NY has a similar dress code. This is done for various reasons, none of which are profiling.

We need to stop being so darn sensitive about things. If you're invited to a black tie wedding do you scream profiling?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
SERIOUSLY!! I'll welcome the place that has the guts to stand up and set a dress code that's not the norm (at least for a bowling alley..) it's the reason we'll go there and hopefully become happy and repeat customers!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
i'm not sure what Kerry is referring to as I also heard that Macy's is comming to town but out at the Town Center but ive only been on here since last month and havn't learned who's who on here yet
It should be either there or near the Avenues area, this part of Philips Hwy is getting more development.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post

I went to their website, never even noticed a dress code, so I am not even sure where the list of violations was pulled from. Id have to look back through the thread to see who brought it up. One thing for sure, if these guys are from "Out of Town" the fact that something like this is even an issue is kinda sad. As Ive already said, most people who can afford to enjoy this place have extra spending money, so being able to dress well would come natural. Does St. John Town Ctr have a dress code of who is & isnt allowed? Its really all about image control. Maybe they are trying to make "certain customers" feel comfortable. I say do what you gotta do to make the money, but tattoos, expensive jewelry & skull caps (during winter) are wore by many types of people. I dont have any tattoos.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
SERIOUSLY!! I'll welcome the place that has the guts to stand up and set a dress code that's not the norm (at least for a bowling alley..) it's the reason we'll go there and hopefully become happy and repeat customers!
Well...there you go. "Certain Customers" will spend there now as Ive stated.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
The "Entrance Policy" is at the bottom of the "About" page on their website. Here it is:
ENTRANCE POLICY

To provide all Guests an enjoyable experience, Latitude 30 requests that the following entrance policies be respected:
• Only food and drink sold by Latitude 30 is permitted on the premises.
• Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Individuals not adhering to dress code guidelines will not be admitted into Latitude 30.
• The following items are specifically not permitted:
- Any skateboards, scooters or shoes w/attached wheels or skates
- Skullcaps, bandanas, brimless hats and stocking caps
- Any evidence of gang affiliation
- Sleeveless T-shirts
- Torn, soiled or excessively baggy clothing of any kind
- Large chains or pendants
- Clothing/tattoos with visible profanity or objectionable art
• All Guests must be 18 or older or accompanied by a parent or responsible adult 21 or older.
• After 1 0 PM all Guests must be 21 years of age or older, to be in the venue.
• IDENTIFICATION: To establish that you are at least 21 years of age, you must have a valid identification card issued by a state government agency. Latitude 30 is unable to accept IDs that are expired, cracked, altered or da maged ina ny way.
• Loitering and solicitations are not permitted on these premises.
• Latitude 30 reserves the right to refuse service or admission to anyone.
• Latitude 30 reserves the right to modify these entrance policies or promotions for any reason, including due to local or seasonal conditions or special events.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please ask to speak to a Manager. We hope you have fun at Latitude 30.

Wife and I have absolutely no problems with any of these policies, but then again we are in our early 60's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I went to their website, never even noticed a dress code, so I am not even sure where the list of violations was pulled from. Id have to look back through the thread to see who brought it up. One thing for sure, if these guys are from "Out of Town" the fact that something like this is even an issue is kinda sad. As Ive already said, most people who can afford to enjoy this place have extra spending money, so being able to dress well would come natural. Does St. John Town Ctr have a dress code of who is & isnt allowed? Its really all about image control. Maybe they are trying to make "certain customers" feel comfortable. I say do what you gotta do to make the money, but tattoos, expensive jewelry & skull caps (during winter) are wore by many types of people. I dont have any tattoos.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM

lol

Old 01-14-2011, 11:42 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
From the website of "Suite" Nightclub in the Markets at the Town Center:

Quote:
Suite encourages a fashion forward dress code and reserves the right to deem what is appropriate attire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville