Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 PM

8 posts, read 25,636 times

Advertisements

Hello, We are relocating to St. Johns and would like any input on buying existing in JCP or building in Durbin Crossing. And is Durban the "new" JCP? Thank you so much!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:13 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,220 times
Hi bmandcm! We moved to JCP over the summer and absolutely love it! I would be happy to answer any questions you have. It's a very family friendly neighborhood. Tons of kids! My children had friends to play with literally the day we moved in. We have kids in Julington Creek Elementary and at Creekside High School. We have been very happy with the schools so far.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,141 times
Hello, can anybody comment on rush hour traffic? Do most people in St Johns commute to Jacksonville for work? What do you all think of traffic? My parents live in Mandarin and they tell me that St Johns is so far away from everything and traffic is really bad, and they try so hard to talk me out of moving to Durbin Crossing, but I want to be in St Johns because of schools. I don't have a job in Jacksonville yet, but I'm in healthcare so I'll probably be working either in one of the hospitals or some medical office. Thank you for all the comments.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 AM

301 posts, read 1,062,077 times
We live in Aberdeen which is right next to Durbin Crossing and we love it! As far as traffic? I dont see how anyone can even think that we have any!! Mandarin's traffic on San Jose is by FAR worse than ANY traffic we have here. Yes, its backed up by the schools at parent pick-up times, but it's like that anywhere you go. I would definitely not let traffic be the deal breaker on moving to St Johns. I commute daily during rush hour, and the traffic issues are not here.

We used to live in JCP and sold our house and moved to Aberdeen. We have lived in the JCP/Aberdeen area for well over 10 years. The only complaint I have about this area vs JCP is the drive to take my kids to their friends houses in JCP. Since my kids go to Fruit Cove Middle, many of their friends are in JCP. It doesnt really bother me personally, but many of the parents think that we live so far, so we provide a lot of the transportation! I personally dont think its that bad.

Good luck with your home search!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:46 AM

222 posts, read 425,514 times
We live in Durbin Crossing and are very happy here. The commute to downtown is usually about 30 mins. at rush hour. There are lots of children in our neighborhood and we appreciate being able to bike to the pool, ball parks, fitness center, and sometimes even to school. DC is further from shopping than JCP in terms of malls, Target, WalMart, etc. but there are grocery and drug stores within a couple of miles of the neighborhood. We had looked in JCP as well when we were preparing to relocate. While we love living in DC I also believe that we would have enjoyed JCP as well. Seems to me that they are very similar communities just built at different times.
Good luck with your relo!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 9,141 times
Thanks everyone for the info on traffic. It sure helps.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 AM

12 posts, read 35,350 times
My wife and I moved into North Durbin crossing last summer. We absolutely love it here, from the location to the subdivision as well. My wife is the social butterfly and loves the people that she has met here and the amenities with the pools. I commute to downtown every day, and often to Jax Beach as well. If I leave early before the rush, I can be downtown in 20-25 minutes. With the middle of the rush, probably 30-35min. About the same time to Jax Beach as well. I don't ever go through mandarin to get to the interstate, as that traffic is much worse. I reach I-95 either at Old St. Augustine Road, or the next exit, Co. Rd. 210. This avoids all the Mandarin Traffic. Houses in Durbin are typically a little bigger than in Julington, and with bigger yards, which is why I liked it. I have a lot about 0.4 acres. I have a Holder Johnson home, which I really like. Other builders are coming in offering some slightly smaller size homes now, such as dreambuilders(?). I don't know about their quality though.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:42 AM

5 posts, read 11,407 times
Default st. johns schools

Hello,

I would like some information about the elementary and middle schools in St. Johns County. My family and I are thinking about moving to the area, but we have two children and want to make sure the schools are decent. I know there are several schools there and would like to know what ones are the best. My kids go to a private school in Indiana that is a wonderful school academically and socially. I do not want to make a mistake moving the the area if the schools are not going to work out. We want to move to the area because all of our family live near Orlando, which schools are not good. I have read many good things about the Durbin Crossing Julington Creek area and would also like to know about the best communities to live with kids (activities, ect). I would really appreciate any input!
Thanks!

Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 AM

94 posts, read 190,136 times
Check out this community "Nocatee". www.Nocatee.com in Ponte Vedra (St. Johns County). I was just there last week and its an amazing community. One of the newest & biggest in the County. I saw they are currently building a new K thru 8 School right in Nocatee and the High School "Nease" is an A rated School. There are a lot of Kids in this community and I assume with the continuing construction of new homes, there will be many more kids moving in. The community also has an awesome waterpark, fitness center and nature trails. Close to the Beach to. We loved it and just put a down payment on a home there. We are relocating from NY.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 PM

5 posts, read 11,407 times
Default St. Johns schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
Hi bmandcm! We moved to JCP over the summer and absolutely love it! I would be happy to answer any questions you have. It's a very family friendly neighborhood. Tons of kids! My children had friends to play with literally the day we moved in. We have kids in Julington Creek Elementary and at Creekside High School. We have been very happy with the schools so far.
Hello,

My family and I are thinking about moving to the JCP/Durbin area. We currently live in Indiana, but have most of our family in the Orlando area and want to be closer to them. The schools near the Orlando area are not the greatest and that is the reason we have been looking for an area that has better schools. I have two children, one in middle school and one in elementary. What do you think the best schools there are and are you happy with you move still? Also, what would you suggest the best community would be to buy a home in for my kids. I have been reading online that JCP and Durbin are very safe and lots of activities for my kids. My children are currently in a private school that is wonderful academically and socially (NO bullying). I just do not want to make a mistake with a move that will not be good for them. I would appreciate all the info you could give me!

Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville