U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 PM

48 posts, read 89,021 times
Default Cimarrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
All I know about Cimmerone is it seemed to have a lot of problems , related to the general up keep of the grounds etc. I lived across the street in South Hampton before moving to Coastal Oaks and hated it there. It seemed every time I spoke to someone from Cimmerone they where wishing they could get out. The pool had cracks and could not be fixed at one time-not enough reserve funds I believe. It just seems that in this market where buyers are in the drivers seat I would be very selective about where I buy and with all the talk I remember hearing about Cimmerone, I would look elsewhere.

There have been no problems with the general up keep of the grounds or pool repairs in the 3 years I have lived here in Cimarrone. To the contrary, just last year alone a new waterfall was put in at the entrance , all new beautiful street signs & posts were installed, the amenity center was remodeled, a weir replaced , new fencing installed around the pool & basketball court, and many other projects were completed. I have seen all the financial reports from the 3 years we have been residents and there has been no shortage in the reserve fund during that time. The grounds in Cimarrone are impeccably maintained, one of the reasons we chose to buy here. There certainly has not been a mass exodus of disenchanted residents selling homes.Realtors have said the problem with Cimarrone is that there are not enough homes on the market for buyers in here.

Strange donisanasfan ,that you not only hated living in South Hampton but also posted yesterday that you are " someone who is STUCK in Florida right now and DYING to get back to Colorado" while at the same time continuously proclaiming how wonderful life is in Nocatee. Hmmmm !!!!

For people looking to relocate to St Johns County there are MANY wonderful communities to choose from, both established and newly developing, with different price ranges, amenities & locations. The schools are all great. They should do their research , get all the FACTS, ( not hearsay), and decide which area is the best for themselves, just as we did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM

530 posts, read 687,045 times
You caught me. My cover is blown. I have a secret plan of telling everyone how wonderful Nocatee is and then when they get here it will artificially inflate my home value to 10 times what it is now and I will become financially independent and can finally move to Aspen. And my plan would have woked to if it hadn't been for you meddling kids.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 PM

By the way inspector Clouseau, I have never hidden the fact that I would prefer to be in Colorado more then anywhere else (unless you move there first) and that, while I am "stuck" in florida-as I hate the humidity, lack of good food, and people with no common sense from Cimmerone-I would choose Nocatee as the place to be stuck in. After living for 4 years across the street from where you live and seeing all areas in Jacksonville, I determined that Nocatee was the best choice for my family. That would be why I bought here. I briefly was part of a board that looked to improve the CR210 area while I lived there and it became clear to me that the county was overwhelmed by the way they haphazzardly approved planning of the 210 area and that there would never be the improvements to the area that I felt it needed to make it a better place. So we move-ed up the truck and we moved to Nocatee ( sing that to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies) By the way, on the Cr210 board were several people who lived in Cimarrone and that is where I received most of my info regarding your community.
Given that they were people dedicated to making that area a better place to live, I really doubt thy were just bad mouthing it. Now maybe, being the dedicated people they are, they have worked hard to turn around the community and the area. I don't get over there to check in on the progress of Cimarrone, as I hated driving around all the semi trucks when I lived there and I damn sure don't want go there now that I don't- accept when I go to the dentist, because Jason Lewis is the best dentist ever. ( if you go there tell him I sent you, because I get free movie passes when I refer someone.) Any more questions?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM

1,649 posts, read 2,787,001 times
Nocatee is a great place to live, no doubt about it. Great amenities especially for children, close to beaches, etc.

But to be realistic, it is not the best value for a homebuyer with limited finances looking for the biggest bang for the buck.
In any case there is no harm in looking at the whole range in SJC including Nocatee. And the range is vast.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 PM

14 posts, read 25,835 times
I live in Tidewater at Nocatee and would be happy to answer any questions out there. We're a bit different as we're stuck on one building right now and I don't believe Pulte has starting taking pre-sales for the next building. Love the Nocatee area and have been here since July 2008

Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 AM

25 posts, read 50,262 times
I am going to look at a Barstow home that someone already owns this weekend. It is made by David Weekley. We are also looking at Toll Brothers in North Durbin Crossing now. The Lots are much bigger. I hope we like it. Any ideas?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:00 PM

27 posts, read 122,438 times
How high are the HOA and CDD fees in Nocatee? When we visited Austin Park, the agent could not come up with any kind of $ figure for us. So for those who live in Nocatee, what are your fees? Do they drastically differ depending on the community?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 PM

614 posts, read 772,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisescorpiogirl View Post
How high are the HOA and CDD fees in Nocatee? When we visited Austin Park, the agent could not come up with any kind of $ figure for us. So for those who live in Nocatee, what are your fees? Do they drastically differ depending on the community?
In Austin Park, our HOA dues are $600 a year and the CDD us about $1800. I'm guessing it varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, depending on lot size, community amenities etc. We pay HOA dues directly to our HOA and the CDD is billed yearly with county taxes.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:43 AM

It is higher in Coastal Oaks and even within Coastal it depends on what level of home you buy. Runs from about $800-1400. It is higher here as we have our own pools , fitness center, parks, clubhouse, and we are gated.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 PM

885 posts, read 1,227,998 times
Before I get attacked I love Nocatee and recommend the area but have this major caveat The fees inc cdd and hoa when added together with the price of the homes ( unless you get a foreclosure) make it an expensive investment. I would hunt for a bargain and then the annual fees become more palatable

Last edited by Peter the Brit; 03-01-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville