Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM

25 posts, read 94,512 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My wife and I are looking at the Nocatee and JC area. We are currently in Eagle Harbor in Fleming Island but want to move closer to the beach and closer to work for my wife. We drove through WillowCove and liked the David Weekley model home. We are looking for 2800-3200 sf and no more than 350K. Looks like the building out there is going strong. Any information would be greatful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,078 times
Nocatee is a great idea but there are so many empty lots it has yet to form any character. It really is not that close to a beach. Have you looked at the Marsh Creek GCC or Seagrove on Anastasia Island next to th ebeach and near St Auguustine?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:53 PM

530 posts, read 1,350,919 times
I don't know what your age is but Pulte has done an amazing job with the Riverwood development , which is an active retirement community. I live across the street in Coastal Oaks and we are about a ten minute drive to Mickler's beach access. I think Willowcove is a great value with it's close proximity to the water park. Of-coarse I love where I live as well, but price point is a little higher here.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:45 PM

25 posts, read 94,512 times
Thanks for the replies so far. We are in our mid 30's and would like to stay as close to Racetrac as possible cause of my wifes job. Anyone from Willow Cove on this forum?

Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheAv8tor View Post
Thanks for the replies so far. We are in our mid 30's and would like to stay as close to Racetrac as possible cause of my wifes job. Anyone from Willow Cove on this forum?
There are a couple Willowcove people on here. We live in Austin Park - it's the closest to Philips Hwy and Racetrack road. Although that means we're a little bit further from the waterpark and Publix, we figured we'd be driving to work up Philips a lot more.

Taylor Morrison and Cornerstone are building in here now. There are definitely homes here in your price range and sq footage. I'm surprised at the amount of new homes going up, considering the market, and it seems like there are a decent number that are selling, too.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 AM

77 posts, read 237,833 times
We're mid-30s as well and moved into Austin Park in December. We love it--the Town Center and Park are a 15 minute bike ride--not bad at all! Also, Mattamy homes is building inventory homes in Austin Park. The drive to the beach is no more than 10-15 minutes.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 PM

84 posts, read 290,827 times
I live in Willowcove and love it.. ask away! :-)

Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 AM

I thought I should also mention that my family and I purchased a David Weekley home. You will not be disappointed in this builder. I did a lot of research, talked to a lot of other builders and none compare to the quality and professionalism that DW provides. If you want a builder that goes the extra mile I encourage you to buy a David Weekley home, you will not regret it.

Willowcove is great because of it's location, it's right in the middle of everything in Nocatee. The grocery store is across the street from Willowcove and the water park and fitness facilities are just down the street. Everything is within walking distance. Willowcove even has it's own Greenway trail entrance (towards the back of Willowcove) that connects to the parks, fitness facilities and other communities.

Your price range is great because you can basically choose from any of the communities in Nocatee with the exception of Coastal Oaks (I think the starting price is a bit higher). I encourage you to visit each community within Nocatee and get a builder to give you a private tour of the amenities.

The communities that a previous poster mentioned are nice but they are not offering new construction like Nocatee. We considered homes even closer to the beach but what we quickly realized is that in our price range (which was the same as yours) we would end up with a smaller, outdated home with "issues" and we weren't willing to make that gamble. There have been considerable building codes that have been added over the years that are meant to protect buyers. Newer doesn't guarantee better quality but it does mean stricter building codes.

Also, it only takes 10 minutes to get to the beach from Nocatee, that's not far at all in my book.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to get that sq footage at that price in Willowcove.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM

hlauburn,

You are correct.. didn't catch the square footage requirements that the OP posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville