Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 AM

199 posts, read 468,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt4ua View Post
HouseConfused,

I know how things can be misconstrued when two people aren't talking face to face, so don't take this the wrong way please, but how did you get misled by "the salesman" at RA? I talk with him almost on a daily basis and I happen to know for a fact that he only found out 30 days ago that Richmond wasn't getting any more lots in Kelly Point. Just curious how that is his fault.....????
I told him back at the end of April that Mattamy bought all the lots. Mattamy was taking deposits on the lots in Kelly Pointe at that time. His response to me was that Mattamy spoke out of turn and it hadn't been finalized yet. Prior to that response, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he indeed didn't know what was happening. That type of response tells me that he knew something was happening. I don't fault him for trying to sell his inventory but I do fault him for not telling us there was a possibility that it wouldn't be available with RA.

Perhaps it wasn't communicated to him from RA until 30 days ago. The deed with Mattamy for the remaining lots was signed May 4th and filed with St John's on May 14th.

St Johns COUNTY RECORDS VERIFIED THROUGH Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012. LAST CFN = 2012035292

Quote:
And if there was already a deposit on the lot you wanted, why are you saying that he misled you there? I mean... I wouldn't attempt to buy anything that had already been bought.
The deposit wasn't with RA, it is with Mattamy. When I initially spoke to Brent about the lot in December, he told me that it wasn't developed yet but would be available late spring for estimated closing end of 2012. He also followed up and let me know that it was on track to be available late spring of 2012. He told me that a lot of had people expressed interest and he wanted to know when I would be visiting the area. If this doesn't give you the impression that the lot is available then I don't know what does.

Quote:

I don't know about you, but I have 1 of only 12 three car garage homes in 176 homesites. That's not being bragadocious or anything, but there are limited amount of lots that will accomodate a three car garage.
Actually that's not 100% accurate. How many home sites have been developed? Not 176. Maybe 65. All of the lots in Kelly Pointe are 50' lots. Some open up wider to the road, yes. Some three car garages are what they call tandem. So some homes may have the equivalent garage square footage but only a two stall door. Builders do this intentionally so that you don't only see a garage when you look at the front of the house. Is your house the Seth on the lake? Lot 107 or something close to that?
Quote:

Like I said, I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just curious with what's going on. I'm in sales and as a salesman, we're not only getting paid on commission, but customer comments, responses and satisfaction as well. So it hurts to see someone work as hard as Brent "the salesman" and then get talked bad about... especially in an online forum for all to see. Its almost like you're out for his job for something that he couldn't control. Just Sayin'.
Welcome to the day and age of the internet. Word of mouth goes a lot further these days. My original post didn't mention the builder or salesman by name. My intention was not to talk bad about Brent but talk about my experience. After all it is an experience I had and people have a right to know. If I was out for his job I would have called RA and complained about the experience.

What struck me as very odd was that while we visited Kelly Pointe, he showed us just about every other lot. I thought at first that he forgot we were interested in the other and I mentioned it. His response was that it was a very popular lot and would probably be a closed bid sale. I was OK with that. I was willing to put my bid in and see what happened.

When we first found out that we weren't going to be able to build the Seth on the lot we wished for in Kelly Pointe, we looked at a couple other RA developments to see if we could find something we liked. It wasn't until I had the conversation with Brent regarding Mattamy that I felt like I was misled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:35 PM

4 posts, read 6,281 times
JerryAmanda

You guys are two of the best ! I know we've had some patches where we didn't think we were going to make this happen, but I'm glad that we can see the finish line in sight ! I really love seeing the responses that I get when I send the daily pics of the progress on your home...I somewhat feel a strong connection that it's my home too ! It's been a pleasure and an honor helping you two get into your dream home and I hope that even after you've moved in and I've moved on in Kelly Pointe that I could call on the both of you as "friends and family". God bless both of you.

Last edited by BSeaman; 06-22-2012 at 09:44 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 PM

DmT4UA,

Thank you so much for the kind words...it's refreshing when someone actually has something positive to say about the efforts of others. With this being my first full year of on-site sales with a homebuilder, it's exciting to help people who are as nice and understanding as your family. I do my best to keep my promises based upon information supplied to me, because I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated. I'm so glad we were able to get the "bump in the road" worked out and that you will be living in your new dream home next week !

Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 PM

dmt4UA,

I guess I'm not as "skilled" as everyone else that's posting every other day on this site so I don't know how to "comment" on your post from yesterday, but I would like to thank you for your support about salespeople...we obviously get a "bad rep" from the start...instead of a person thinking that we want to help, some immediately think we're reaching for their wallet. Some people you couldn't make happy even if you practically "give" them something. I've always been a believer in never starting a "rumor" and since the PARC group is the developer first and foremost in Nocatee, unless it's formally announced through their channels of what's happening in the future, I'm not going to spread rumors, true or untrue. I've ONLY given information after it's been passed on to me, and wether people belive it or not, I would never intentionally deceive or mislead anyone. Being new to this business I've found that you can't make everyone happy, but the one's that allow you to try are the one's worth going the extra mile for...but I'm not going to "hide" my identity behind some clever "username"...I'm me and I'm proud of it. As for your TRUE 3 car garage, some "salesmen" have convinced others that a 2 car tandem garage is actually a 3 car...although some of my owners prefer the 2 car tandem,...don't let anyone steal your thunder, you've got something that only 6% of all of Kelly Pointe residents will have ! I look forward to 10-20-12 this year...you know I can't say that "phrase" that day, but I'll say it for you guys moving into your new home next week...."ROLL TIDE" for you and "WAR DAMN EAGLE" for your better half !! God bless the both of you and your daddy in law and mamma in law too !

Last edited by BSeaman; 06-22-2012 at 10:18 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
Just to provide another perspective. Brent and RA have been nothing but straightforward with us while we were potential home buyers and now under contract with them. In fact, we have found Brent to be refeshingly candid and has been wonderful about keeping us up to speed on the latest in the community and specifics with our home building process.

The whole thing with Mattamy coming in and buying all the lots (essentially replacing both DW and RA) took everyone by complete surprise - including Brent (not his fault). I don't think anyone saw that coming, but Mattamy and Parc. Obviously Mattamy must see HUGE potential in Kelly Pointe, and we do too... peaceful, nicely planned, etc...

As we type, we're having a tandem garage built, but right next to us there's a 3 car wide SETH going up. Most lots will not accommodate that type of garage, but Brent will shoot straight about which ones will. And, at least from our perspecitve we've found he's always thinking about the Customer's needs... again refreshing!

Old 06-23-2012, 01:45 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
Hmmm! Looks like someone mobilized the Brent/RA fan club on this thread. (all first time posters too)
Now that's community spirit!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 PM

GMeloni,

Thanks so much for your comments...again, it's all about family to me. I know that you were also interested in lot 100 among other people, and I'm also glad you were willing to be open minded about the options of other lots. Now after having the foresight to see what has come about with the construction of your home, you can see more and more with the orientation of your home for morning sunlight and afternoon shade, preserve to the front and lake to the back..well it's the best of all worlds ! The fact that it's an "oversized" lot is a bonus too, not being so close to the neighbors is nice and will enhance your resale. Proud to have you and your family in Kelly Pointe, and even more proud that you've intrusted me to be involved with the home ! Thanks again.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 AM

98 posts, read 207,182 times
Just wondering if anyone here lives in Kelly Pointe and how they like it. Also is there a lot of building going on in there or does it seem slow? I was down there in September and visited Greenleaf Village and Kelly Pointe. GV seemed to have more building happening but, honestly, I wasn't looking that much at Kelly Pointe so not sure if I am mistaken about that. Any insight into KP would be great. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:26 PM

199 posts, read 468,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurmann2000 View Post
Just wondering if anyone here lives in Kelly Pointe and how they like it. Also is there a lot of building going on in there or does it seem slow? I was down there in September and visited Greenleaf Village and Kelly Pointe. GV seemed to have more building happening but, honestly, I wasn't looking that much at Kelly Pointe so not sure if I am mistaken about that. Any insight into KP would be great. Thanks.
We were just in Nocatee for a meeting with our builder. We drove through Kelly Point to see how things were progressing there. Mattamy is building a bunch of homes, but I don't think at the same pace that homes are being built in Greenleaf. It did look like they were starting to prepare the next phase of development in Kelly Point.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:24 PM

98 posts, read 207,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseconfused View Post
We were just in Nocatee for a meeting with our builder. We drove through Kelly Point to see how things were progressing there. Mattamy is building a bunch of homes, but I don't think at the same pace that homes are being built in Greenleaf. It did look like they were starting to prepare the next phase of development in Kelly Point.
Thanks. We ended up deciding to build in Greenleaf Village. Mattamy didn't have any home sites that could accommodate the house we wanted with a three car garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville