Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 09:36 AM

21 posts, read 29,810 times

Advertisements

Greeting all!

I am originally from Buffalo, NY, having moved here almost 4 yrs ago. My family has been in the Jax area for the last 30+ yrs and it took me some time to see the light . I have been amazed at just how many folks from Upstate NY there are living here in N. Florida. After countless conversations with fellow ex-NY'ers I decided to start a website that provides a central location for former NY'ers to find other NY'ers who have businesses and professional services to offer, such as Lawyers, Accountants, Financial Advisors, Real Estate, Health-care, etc. The site also has many links to NY news, Buffalo foods, and much more. There is no cost for advertising or for joining the site. The goal is to help promote fellow NY'ers and network with folks from our hometowns. Please visit the site and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

Home - Welcome to all former WNY'ers !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 17,310 times
I currently live in Buffalo (born and raised here) and I am DYING to get out of this FREEZING COLD weather! My fiancee and I are considering moving to Florida in spring 2012... any advice?? (We're 25 and both have masters degrees)

Old 03-24-2011, 09:50 PM

19 posts, read 34,069 times
I'm from Buffalo too! My husband is in the navy (he's currently stationed at the buffalo Naval Reserve center on porter st off of the waterfront) We will be relocating from Buffalo to Jacksonville/Mayport, FL this summer.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:11 PM

10 posts, read 16,333 times
We are moving to Jax from Erie, PA. Not from upstate new york, but close enough!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:28 PM

18 posts, read 56,813 times
Re Blondie: if you want to be in a city with lots of young, educated people, don't move to Jacksonville. Jacksonville is culturally South Georgia- very working class. On the other hand, if you want cheap real estate, much more suburban sprawl than Buffalo, and cultural/political conservatism, Jacksonville isn't so bad (though smaller cities might be even better). It all depends what you want.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:08 AM

5 posts, read 13,917 times
Default new in area

Dont know much about thread or blogs or how this site works, but here goes.
I have just moved to Orange Park from Binghamton, NY. I am tring to make
some new friends, but dont know where to go. I am female, 60, single, and
retired. I like to dance, cards, walk, bowling. Any suggestions?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 AM

2,079 posts, read 6,114,098 times
Move out of Orange Park and into Jacksonville. Not sure why you would move to Clay County if you didn't have kids and were retired. If you wanted a retirement area, you missed out on Ponte Vedra. If you want a little more action, then you should move to Avondale or San Marco or a similar neighborhood. I really can't stand Clay County and I'm not surprised you had to ask that question.

I know a couple families from Buffalo in Jacksonville (and I've been to your fine city). Some close family friends are a house divided between Buffalo and Connecticut. All of these people live in Ortega and Avondale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville