Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:11 PM

21 posts, read 29,740 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if anyone has told you about the commute across the Buckmann Bridge that he would have to take daily. Depending on the time of travel it can be a real beast and take a lot longer than planned. I would not want to drive that bridge daily but just my opinion. The other problem is I do not know of any good apartment complex close to Cecil - ( Not an area I frequent). I have family in Orange park so I am on the Bridge at least weekly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,917,314 times
WNY-2-Jax ... I was just thinking that the OP's husband might luck out on the Buckman -- might be doing the reverse commute? That's more doable. Know what you mean about the bridge - we do it daily and it honestly can be a crapshoot.

I think I know that part of Baymeadows, and off the top of my head I don't recall it being a "red flag" area. Just don't quote me on that.

Sunflower82 -- on google street view it looks like some sort of bus stop right out front of the complex on Baymeadows. In any event, you can at least pick up the bus nearby. On JTA's site, click on the link for the System Map.
http://www.jtafla.com/Schedules/showPage.aspx?Sel=103 (broken link)

Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 PM

73 posts, read 104,348 times
Thanks guys for the replies and tips, turned out the apartment complex was good but the only down fall is that they have their own W/D and won't allow us to use ours. We'll sell it if we have too but we wanna be able to keep it and use it so we'll keep this option as plan B, Husband said he want's to live somewhere near St. Johns area, its an area he likes alot (he's been to Florida before and has alot of friends that's been in the area) So we are looking for places there too, I told him we better increase our budget if we want to live there.. lol that area seems expensive.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Is anyone familiar with the area of Atlantic Blvd : Colonial Point jacksonville, fl 32207 ?(if its a safe/decent area, etc) Can't find any info on it in google so figured i'd ask the experts.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,461,932 times
Cheffee Pines aren't your usual apartment complex they are mobile homes (its a mobile home park) that are for sale or rent off of Chaffee Rd between Normandy Blvd. and I-10, but they have been there for at least 15 years and the enterance is always neatly kept up, other than that I really don't know too much about them

Old 03-18-2011, 06:11 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,461,932 times
Colonial Point Apartments North of Atlantic Blvd is a fairly nice community however on the South side of and further west on Atlantic Blvd. there seems to be (2or3) less than ideal apartment complex's that I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they are really in desperate times

Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 PM

Thanks for all the info

My husband and I decided to go with a townhouse I found through rentals.com in Middleburg,FL off of Doctors Inlet road (Lago del Sur Dr-32068) the townhome is very nice and i got a street view of the area, the area in my point of view seems very kept up which is a plus, I don't know too much about Middleburg but from what I heard it seems like a quiet suburb(spelling?!?)....thanks again for all the help and tips, great community forum, will reommend to others. I'm sure i'll be back with more questions of the area when we move lol.. hopeully less annoying thou hehe.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:59 AM

154 posts, read 216,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower82 View Post
Thanks for all the info

My husband and I decided to go with a townhouse I found through rentals.com in Middleburg,FL off of Doctors Inlet road (Lago del Sur Dr-32068) the townhome is very nice and i got a street view of the area, the area in my point of view seems very kept up which is a plus, I don't know too much about Middleburg but from what I heard it seems like a quiet suburb(spelling?!?)....thanks again for all the help and tips, great community forum, will reommend to others. I'm sure i'll be back with more questions of the area when we move lol.. hopeully less annoying thou hehe.

You chose a good area. Anytime i've ever been through that way it's always been alright. That intersection of Doctor's and Russel just down the road can get pretty busy during the later hours of the day - BUT - regardless, you'll do fine. When you get back to Brannanfield there's a Wal Mart & Home depot just across the way and just about anything else you'll need in either direction on Blanding.

You aren't necessairly in the "Middleburg" area - which is further South.

Good pick. Hopefully everything works out for you. Your hubby's drive to work should be smooth and hassle free... for a while Brannanfield is fixin' to be a Toll Road soon enough. *evil laugh* muuuahahahahhahahahahahah

Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
You chose a good area. Anytime i've ever been through that way it's always been alright. That intersection of Doctor's and Russel just down the road can get pretty busy during the later hours of the day - BUT - regardless, you'll do fine. When you get back to Brannanfield there's a Wal Mart & Home depot just across the way and just about anything else you'll need in either direction on Blanding.

You aren't necessairly in the "Middleburg" area - which is further South.

Good pick. Hopefully everything works out for you. Your hubby's drive to work should be smooth and hassle free... for a while Brannanfield is fixin' to be a Toll Road soon enough. *evil laugh* muuuahahahahhahahahahahah
LOL! Troll road i lke that... THank you! I really thin all my hard work and all the great info provided to me through you guy's really paid off our new home has everything we nee too w/d hook-ups in a well kept up area, quiet area at that its a small townhome community, also allow pets too! so our lil' trouble cat can have a home with us lol. Ah I never knew that, that's so odd wonder why the address is considered middleburg,fl *shrug* jacksonville is confusing, i'm sure we'll get use to it thou lol.

Sorry for any spelling errors, my keyoard is slowly dying on me well more then slowly lol, gonna be buying a new one today, i pretty muc have to pound on the keys to get a letter to show up LOL.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:27 PM

ops, I read that last response as "troll" road and it was toll road and I just now saw that. <facedesk> lol. So far things are going good in Middleburg, too many wasp and palmettos for my taste, those palmettos are pretty nasty and big lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville