Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:24 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times

Advertisements

I think the question was about the Nocatee Town Center - not the St. Johns Town Center. The Nocatee Town Center is there - kind of. There's a Publix - a dry cleaner - and a couple of small restaurants if I remember correctly. It is very small. The St. Johns Town Center is another animal - a huge regional mall. It is a little north of JTB. Not sure exactly how close to Nocatee. Maybe 10 miles or so? Easy to do a Mapquest and find out.

I am sure there is a nature preserve in Nocatee - but it's hard for someone driving through the area to figure out what is nature preserve and what is undeveloped land (there is a ton of undeveloped land).

I think the last article I read said there are about 750 houses in Nocatee now - out of a planned total of 20,000+.

Regarding 55+ communities in this general area. I have spoken with some people who live in them. And in light of current real estate market conditions - many developers who were building somewhat upscale places in a community are now building more downscale places. I don't know if Del Webb/Pulte in Nocatee is in this group.

I think the Nocatee area is pleasant - but very undeveloped and not particularly close to most things. I think it will be some time before the area is "built out". The schools are supposed to be good - but that usually isn't a factor in 55+ communities. It would not be my cup of tea (my husband and I are in our mid-60's). Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 AM

42 posts, read 167,734 times
Thank you both very much.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:19 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
My bad!!!... That's a town center??? dayummm I was even there and didn't realize it. When they started asking about the water taxis and the trolley/monorail that threw me off, I figured the brochure might have mentioned St Johns Town Center like it was right next door also..again sorry.
I tried to look at the Riverwood web site
Delwebb Homes | Community Brochure
but the print on it is way to small for older people such as myself to see...LOL you would think they (Dell Webb) would make it more user friendly as they cater to seniors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville