Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,506,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Fly, it is throughout the whole of downtown including the plaza.
Other than Hemming Plaza where else would they have bands? Florida Theatre maybe, and? I am definitely interested in going, but not sure where. As I have never been before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Other than Hemming Plaza where else would they have bands? Florida Theatre maybe, and? I am definitely interested in going, but not sure where. As I have never been before.
Last year along the major streets there were solo artists and jazz trios, free wine tasting and little art shows along the way. Just be prepared to walk. The only downside is parking.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:45 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,506,801 times
Quote:
Last year along the major streets there were solo artists and jazz trios, free wine tasting and little art shows along the way. Just be prepared to walk. The only downside is parking.
Thanks! I guess that leaves me out then as I dont walk very well anymore (diabled vet) but maybe just staying at Hemming Plaza will work out ok

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 05-26-2011 at 07:00 AM..

Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
Quote:
The only downside is parking.
Well, you could ride your bike if you live close enough. It's an easy 1.5 mile bike ride for me.

(it's actually pretty darn awesome not having worry about parking when I go to Jags games, downtown events, concerts, restaurants, etc....just ride a bike!)

But since I don't think you guys do live close enough, here's another good suggestion: park in the Riverside YMCA parking lot (on Riverside Ave, on the river) and bike from there into the Jazz Fest. That's maybe 2 miles. You can take the Riverwalk from the Y all the way to The Landing (and beyond), and then cut up to the festival.

No parking hassles, and you get to enjoy the bike ride too.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:26 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Jacksonville growing up a bit.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,764 times
This weekend downtown Jacksonville was the kind of downtown that I wish it would always be. The whole of downtown was alive thanks to the Jazz Festival 2011. I go every year and every year it is better than the last. Natalie Cole, Herb Hancock, Sanborn were just a few of the performers this weekend and it seemed like the whole of Jax turned out. Good show Jacksonville!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
This weekend downtown Jacksonville was the kind of downtown that I wish it would always be. The whole of downtown was alive thanks to the Jazz Festival 2011. I go every year and every year it is better than the last. Natalie Cole, Herb Hancock, Sanborn were just a few of the performers this weekend and it seemed like the whole of Jax turned out. Good show Jacksonville!
All it takes is more events and good promotion. The same thing could happen in Riverside & Springfield if the Skyway was in both places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville