Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,013,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireballFL View Post
Yeah, we are going to Key West in November, but next year looks like a real possibility.
ooo I love key west make sure to rent one of those scooters to zip around town.
Also if you get a chance to go snorlking give it a go the water is so nice and clear,

have a great time

karla

Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 AM

277 posts, read 369,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester View Post
like I said touristy places

visting a place and staying longer are two different things a few gays have come and gone luckily you never got hurt though why they feel the need to say hello I like having sex as a man with a man or vica versa is beyond me going off topic now

This town is still the old south unlike tampa or miami

anyway this was about you saying thanks about the visit and you said thank you so unlike your other posts this is not about gays and this time the mods won't have to say stop going off track there's another forum for that

enjoy key west we just got back from there
LOL. Tis true. We saw a lot of couples there, but I guess every place has it's area. We went there for the history part more than anything. I am a big time history buff and enjoyed the fact that they said that St. Augustine is 40 years older then Jamestown, Virginia. Very funny how they poked at J'town.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
"why they feel the need to say hello I like having sex as a man with a man or vica versa is beyond me"

cheese and fries!!! what in the hell are you saying?

Don't leave out the bacon on top of the fries and cheese. Outback has a great one. LOL Just teasin'.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Don't leave out the bacon on top of the fries and cheese. Outback has a great one. LOL Just teasin'.
omg no kidding and if you ask they will give you extra bacon.

and did you know you can order a half order.

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. I have been to Tampa and had a great time so glad our area could return the favor

I am not surprised you had no problems, I have quite a few gay friends and they have never had any issue in St Aug or Jacksonville.
You should make a road trip and come up for our pizza party that way you can see Jacksonville.

karla

Old 08-01-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
omg no kidding and if you ask they will give you extra bacon.

and did you know you can order a half order.

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. I have been to Tampa and had a great time so glad our area could return the favor

I am not surprised you had no problems, I have quite a few gay friends and they have never had any issue in St Aug or Jacksonville.
You should make a road trip and come up for our pizza party that way you can see Jacksonville.

karla
"Pizza Party"? I have been to Jacksonville before, but only to stay the evening. We actually headed over to to Jax Beach when we drove down from Charlotte to Orlando. The beach would have been nice if it was not raining, but we had a fun time at Joe's Crab Shack. The people there seem real animated.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,187,132 times
cheese and fries with bacon? i'll take two!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
"Pizza Party"? I have been to Jacksonville before, but only to stay the evening. We actually headed over to to Jax Beach when we drove down from Charlotte to Orlando. The beach would have been nice if it was not raining, but we had a fun time at Joe's Crab Shack. The people there seem real animated.
I have heard this is a fun place however Seafood is not on my list of foods that I eat, lol if you have read the jax forums you will know I am the picky eater on the boards

I am spicy enough so I like my food simple and plain

karla

Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 PM

4 posts, read 12,083 times
I am glad you enjoyed downtown area and st augustine beach area as well. Yes St.Augustine is gay friendly i am gay myself but haven't put a sticker on my car yet i guess i am not brave enough.

Mehmet

Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,069 times
I know this thread kind of died out, but it's been 5 years since this thread. I'm wondering how the gays are doing up there in St. Augustine. My partner and I have talked about moving there.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:41 AM

61 posts, read 175,624 times
we are a gay couple who moved to st. augustine shores just 4 months ago. just a couple of older guys who have been together for over 25 years now. and yes, we have a rainbow sticker on our car AND a license plate up front calling for marriage equality AND rainbow flags tattooed on our upper arms. so i guess we're sorta "out"....

any problems? NONE!! this is a wonderful community, and we are thrilled to have landed here permanently. we always introduce each other as "my husband", because that is who we are to each other. and while a few folks have taken a moment or two to let that sink in, never once have we been met with a negative response. in fact, folks at our local grocery store tell us we're their nicest customers, and they hope more gay folks move down here!! so come on to st. augustine, and help make the employees at the Publix grocery store happy!!

also, all the folks at the local World Gym (where we exercise) are very open and welcoming. no snide remarks in the locker room or out on the gym floor--at least not where we can overhear it--and that's just fine by us.

some folks on this forum may ask why we need to 'advertise' our sexual orientation so much. here's why.....until the general population realizes that there are MILLIONS of gay and lesbian and bisexual and transgender people who live in their communities and worship in their churches and teach in their schools and shop in their stores and live under their roofs--then we as gay folk will continue to be stigmatized and discriminated against.

our being so "out" is an educational effort on our part--and from the responses we get, it's working!!

but i will make this promise to anyone who says we should not advertise our sexual orientation so much--on the day that my husband and i are afforded the SAME rights as anyone else in this country--THAT is the day that i'll be happy to peel off the rainbow sticker on my car! so for everyone who wants to see those stickers disappear from public view, please work VERY hard to pass marriage equality, OK?

thanks!!

bob & steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville