Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradlehead23 View Post
Hanna Park? Hugenot? Really???? How can those compare to South Beach? To Cocoa Beach (my personal favorite)? "Because they're not crowded. That's why not." Oh, because they're not crowded, I see. Well, guess what!! There's a reason why they're not crowded and that's because they're dirty and unappealing and polluted!! That's why they're not crowded. Try comparing any of Jacksonville's beaches, which are very un-Florida like beaches, to good, amazing Florida beaches, you will look like an idiot, which you just now did!! Again, why can't any of you just accept the fact that Jacksonville is a failure of a city? That Jacksonville is not Florida, but South Georgia? Your beaches are dirty and ugly, your school system is a joke, your people are uneducated and out of touch, your police department is a bunch of cowards, your idea of careers are being plumbers, strippers, or tow-truck drivers. There is not one good thing about your so-called "major city", which no one else considers you to be, by the way. Lose the identity crisis and accept yourselves for what you are! Get over with the belief that this unnecessary sprawl with the smalltown mentality works, because it has brought you all down. As ashamed as I am to be from that trailer park of a city (and yes, Jacksonville LOVES their trailers), I am happy to see the run-down state that Hicksonville is in. It brings me pleasure to know that your concept has failed! And the day that Jacksonville can no longer operate because of its backwards mentality and passes the point of no return (which is inevitable), I will be celebrating!
I don't think I've ever seen anyone who was so obsessed with trashing a particular city. Your posts about Jacksonville are rooted in some sort of perverse alternate reality, because nothing you have typed is factual. I must say, though, that I enjoy reading them. I envision you spraying spittle all over your keyboard while you madly hammer at the keys in your effort to convince people that Jacksonville is some terrible place.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 3,114 times
Default Redneck City...

I grew up here around 1983. Graduated HS and all. Yup, definitely it is. Don't get me wrong though. I grew up with rednecks, but they were cool to me. Even came over our place and watched us breakdance

Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 AM

67 posts, read 107,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I don't think I've ever seen anyone who was so obsessed with trashing a particular city. Your posts about Jacksonville are rooted in some sort of perverse alternate reality, because nothing you have typed is factual. I must say, though, that I enjoy reading them. I envision you spraying spittle all over your keyboard while you madly hammer at the keys in your effort to convince people that Jacksonville is some terrible place.
Obviously this poor soul couldn't get things figured out during their time here in Jacksonville and is spewing untruthful information. On the other hand there are people such as myself who love everything about the city, surrounding areas and will never leave. Jacksonville offers incredible potential for those willing to work hard and put in long hours to their trades/professions.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM

52 posts, read 85,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger20 View Post
Maybe it's just the ignorance that runs deep.
As ignorant as the city of Jacksonville? I think not. Tell me again, corrupt police? Bigotry? Hate? Racism? Indifference? These are all problems of Jacksonville, are they not? Yes, yes indeed. These are most certainly problems of Jacksonville. The worst part is every single one of you take pride in these issues. Tell me about the ordinance that all of you rednecks on here shot down. You know, the one that would ensure people couldn't be fired for being gay? Yes, every single one of you on here take pride in your hatred. Yes. What exactly does Jacksonville have that you can be proud of, anyway? Please. List some things.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Who are you trying to convince? Me? Or the people who are curious of Jacksonville?

Do me a favor and list some things Jacksonville has to be proud of?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder103 View Post
Obviously this poor soul couldn't get things figured out during their time here in Jacksonville and is spewing untruthful information. On the other hand there are people such as myself who love everything about the city, surrounding areas and will never leave. Jacksonville offers incredible potential for those willing to work hard and put in long hours to their trades/professions.
Well, let's see. To show I'm not the only one who feels the same way about your precious little redneck wasteland, please go to the link posted below and see what others have to say. And after you read, please do not try to accuse me of writing most of those reviews. The link is right here:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

As far as this "potential" goes that you speak of, please talk to me about why they are fighting to pass the ordinance that will ban food trucks. Remember the moratorium they were trying to pass that would have stopped restaurant growth in Riverside? For the record, I've never heard the term "moratorium" used as many times as it has been in Jacksonville. It's the term they resort to so they can keep their redneck, South Georgia ways. City leaders are obsessed with the word. Yes, Jacksonville is full of potential, isn't it? Or does the "potential" in Jacksonville not include restaurant owners and food truck owners?

As far as you are concerned, please stay there. Jacksonville is a place to go when you have nothing to offer society or when you don't fit in with the rest of the world. There is a world outside of Jacksonville that you are just not ready for and you would not fit in with your backwards, Jacksonville ways.

Last edited by Yac; 08-27-2014 at 06:35 AM..

Old 08-20-2014, 01:41 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Who are you trying to convince? Me? Or the people who are curious of Jacksonville?

Do me a favor and list some things Jacksonville has to be proud of?
Why? It's obvious you wouldn't believe me.

Quote:
Well, let's see. To show I'm not the only one who feels the same way about your precious little redneck wasteland, please go to the link posted below and see what others have to say. And after you read, please do not try to accuse me of writing most of those reviews. The link is right here:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

As far as you are concerned, please stay there. Jacksonville is a place to go when you have nothing to offer society or when you don't fit in with the rest of the world. There is a world outside of Jacksonville that you are just not ready for and you would not fit in with your backwards, Jacksonville ways.
I've lived in 17 cities in 6 different states. There were haters in all of them. IMO, Jacksonville ranks in the top 3.

Last edited by Yac; 08-27-2014 at 06:35 AM..

Old 08-20-2014, 02:04 PM

164 posts, read 227,667 times
Quote:
As ignorant as the city of Jacksonville? I think not. Tell me again, corrupt police? Bigotry? Hate? Racism? Indifference? These are all problems of Jacksonville, are they not? Yes, yes indeed. These are most certainly problems of Jacksonville. The worst part is every single one of you take pride in these issues. Tell me about the ordinance that all of you rednecks on here shot down. You know, the one that would ensure people couldn't be fired for being gay? Yes, every single one of you on here take pride in your hatred. Yes. What exactly does Jacksonville have that you can be proud of, anyway? Please. List some things.
Ah I see it now, you are one of those that is always the victim

I too have lived/worked in several cities and states around the country. Having only been in Jacksonville for nearly 5 months I can only speak from my experience thus far, but have seen none of the generalizations you are listing as being more prevalent than anywhere else I have been.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:25 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,503,582 times
Quote:
so people are rednecks just because they don't subscribe to the gay agenda?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:53 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times
Quote:

That's not what happened at all.
AND it was a very close vote 10-9.

There was a FIGHT over transgender language. The trans advocates wanted language stating that gender IDENTITY and EXPRESSION was to be a protected group.

THAT language was CHANGED and replaced with SEXUAL ORIENTATION and it actually picked UP votes when they removed the trans language.

Blame the trans community by scaring the crap out of all the municipalities that they're going to have to build completely new facilities (bathrooms), and start hiring a bunch of MTF people who JUST START out exploring their gender identity or WORSE just cross dressing to cause trouble with NO PARAMETERS of defining WHO EXACTLY IS considered a trans person.

Right now it's "I am another gender in my head, therefore I am trans and deserve whatever identity I want at any time I want and whatever benefits I want."

This is an issue all over the country and controversial WITHIN the LGBT community not just Jacksonville.

Advocates of gay-rights ordinance more ‘geared up’ - 2013

Quote:
Representatives from CSX Corp., Florida Blue, Wells Fargo and Citigroup sat on a panel at the University of North Florida presented by Equality Florida, an advocacy organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

In summer 2012, business leaders and the Jacksonville Civic Council lobbied for an addition to the city’s human rights ordinance that would include the gay community. The city council ultimately rejected the addition, and it remains legal to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation in Jacksonville.

“I think that it’s not an accident that the loudest voices for the human rights ordinance have been the business community,” said Nadine Smith, executive director of Equality Florida. “They understood for a long time that in order to compete across the state and across the country, you have to create an environment where people can be their best selves, full selves.”
Jacksonville Ranks High With Same Sex Couples - 2008

http://jacksonville.gaycities.com/overview/

Last edited by runswithscissors; 08-20-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville