Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:20 PM

282 posts, read 634,253 times

Advertisements

Thinking about moving to this area of the Riverside neighborhood. What are the pros and cons of this place? Any good places to buy blue crabs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Thinking about moving to this area of the Riverside neighborhood. What are the pros and cons of this place? Any good places to buy blue crabs?
These's are the 3 closest I could think of to 5 Points;

Swimming Yesterday Seafood probably the best
Swimming Yesterday Seafood

Zebo's Crab Shack
Zebo Crab Shack Inc

Johns Seafood
John's Seafood Market

Hope you enjoy!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:56 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
These's are the 3 closest I could think of to 5 Points;

Swimming Yesterday Seafood probably the best
Swimming Yesterday Seafood

Zebo's Crab Shack
Zebo Crab Shack Inc

Johns Seafood
John's Seafood Market

Hope you enjoy!
Good place to go people watching.
All shapes, sizes, colors, age, style, whatever,
you name it they got em'.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Good place to go people watching.
All shapes, sizes, colors, age, style, whatever,
you name it they got em'.
Ahhhh its Troy from Swamp People!!! "Choot em Liz, Choot em" LOL

Old 07-22-2011, 05:50 AM

278 posts, read 664,455 times
If I was single and in my 20s I'd move to Five Points in a heartbeat. Actually I'm in my early 30s and married and would still consider moving over there. It's a cool area. There's probably some minor crime but it's definitely one of the more interesting areas of Jax. I'm sure there are the usual drawbacks, traffic, etc but it's such a walkable - dare I say urban - area which is totally unusual for Jax. Go for it!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,570,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bativac View Post
If I was single and in my 20s I'd move to Five Points in a heartbeat. Actually I'm in my early 30s and married and would still consider moving over there. It's a cool area. There's probably some minor crime but it's definitely one of the more interesting areas of Jax. I'm sure there are the usual drawbacks, traffic, etc but it's such a walkable - dare I say urban - area which is totally unusual for Jax. Go for it!

Definably walkable. My mom is almost 70 and she said if she ever had to stop driving she would get a condo at Five Points.( right now they live in Middleburg, she grew up in the country and likes being in the country and hearing frogs and crickets) My mom likes cultural events like classical concerts at Good Shepard and the Friday Musicale.. She could walk to Publix, Grassroots Market, the Chiropractor and her other doctors. One could move from Manhattan and still not have a car

Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
1. You can't live "in" Five Points. Five Points is just a commerical district inside the Riverside & Avondale historic district. So, you'd be living in Riverside.

www.riverside-avondale.com

2. Pros: It's probably the most vibrant, popular, progressive neighborhood in the city right now. Lots to do, very walkable, lots of parks, cultural, young, and eclectic. Also very close to Downtown and all of ti's amenities, as well as the other similar funky neighborhoods of Springfield historic district & San Marco.

Cons: Umm.... You have to drive to get to any big box suburban chain. (Most see this as a good thing).

3. Blue Crabs? I'd look here: The Blue Fish Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Avondale.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
1. You can't live "in" Five Points. Five Points is just a commerical district inside the Riverside & Avondale historic district. So, you'd be living in Riverside.

2. Pros: It's probably the most vibrant, popular, progressive neighborhood in the city right now. Lots to do, very walkable, lots of parks, cultural, young, and eclectic. Also very close to Downtown and all of ti's amenities, as well as the other similar funky neighborhoods of Springfield historic district & San Marco.

Cons: Umm.... You have to drive to get to any big box suburban chain. (Most see this as a good thing).

3. Blue Crabs? I'd look here: The Blue Fish Restaurant and Oyster Bar in Avondale.
Everything but #3 is correct The Blue Fish Restaurant and Oyster Bar, which is an excellent seafood restaurant, does not serve blue crabs. The only crabs they have on the menu are Stone Crab Claws and they are fantastic. Plus even if they did serve blue crabs they most definitely do not sell them, live and kicking, by the bushel. As I believe the OP is looking for a seafood market not a restaurant.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:36 PM

147 posts, read 286,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post

When I was staying with my friend the gunny, down in the Riverside area. I met a young Asian woman who said that she lived above one of the businesses down in the 5 Points commercial area. She never specified which business and I never asked. I got her number, and we always met up at Starbucks and went off from there. So I guess you can live in 5 Points after all.

As for blue crabs my landladies daughter took me to a place last week that was awesome its called The Blue Crab Crab House its out in Mandarin somewhere, I don't drive so I'm not sure how exactly to get to it but its at 3057 Julington Creek Rd. Best crabs I've had since I was at Annapolis.
http://www.bluecrabcrabhouse.com/

Old 08-10-2011, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 5,737 times
5 Points is not just the 5 streets that converge there, but the shopping area and everything surrounding, including residences. It exists within the Riverside neighborhood, bordered by the St. John's River, I-95/I-10 and Stockton St. I know, because I'm from 5 Points, an area within Riverside. Grow-up there and you'll understand better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville