Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:09 AM

18 posts, read 26,778 times

Advertisements

Thank you, thank you, thank you madcap

Riverside is the area north west from the '10' in the middle of JAX right? I haven't seen anything there recently.

Most of the rest I see are further south from orange park (lakeside to middleburg) or north from the word Jacksonville in that pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 12:37 AM

If this area is good thing I think we have a winner Playa Realty & Management

What do you think of that area? Its outside the JAX crime map tool so I can't use that for additional info

I also hear the traffic can be bad getting to the other side of the river but I'm willing to deal with that.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticmonk View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you madcap

Riverside is the area north west from the '10' in the middle of JAX right? I haven't seen anything there recently.

Most of the rest I see are further south from orange park (lakeside to middleburg) or north from the word Jacksonville in that pic.
No Riverside is just northeast and adjacent to Avondale on the west side of the St Johns River.Maybe 15-20 minutes to Gran Bay during rush hour

Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
This is Riverside:

This is Avondale:

and together they make up the Riverside & Avondale historic district: www.riverside-avondale.com

Probably the most vibrant, artistic, eclectic and "hot" neighborhood in the city right now.

If you're looking in this area www.traditionsjax.com & www.hethrealty.com are your two best bets, along with Craigs List.

There's a million rentals in the neighborhood, few are advertised well.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Thank you both! I'm gonna start looking there

Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 PM

IMO you will like Riverside. As its a young progressive neighborhood. With good access to shopping, restaurants, bars and the arts. It also offers quick access to I-95 and I-10 to get you to anywhere in town quickly. You should join us one Saturday morning for the Riverside Arts Market under the Fuller Warren Bridge on Riverside Ave. There are a lot of rental opportunities in the Riverside area from 1 BR units for $500 to nice 2/3 BR units for $700-900, to luxury 2/3 BR units for $1400 and up. Just depends on what you feel comfortable in paying. Hope you find one you like.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 PM

Ya, from what I've been reading it sounds very nice although a little expensive but still looking

What about places on the outskirts as far down as Lakeshore or slightly north in the Murray Hill area nearer to the highway? They seem to be slightly cheaper there but I don't know if thats cause its worse.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:43 AM

Murry Hill isn't bad and some parts of Lakeshore are OK also, just depends on where in Lakeshore. If you find something interesting just supply an address, and I am sure myself or someone will be glad to give you our opinion of the area. I grew up in Old Ortega and went to St Matthews Catholic elementary school on Blanding Blvd in the Lakeshore area. I have friends that grew up and still live there, so I know it very well. Murry Hill I know fairly well also as its right next to Lakeshore.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:13 AM

154 posts, read 324,016 times
Look, please remember that Jax is a very large city, geographic-wise and reducing your commute time and gasoline usage is everything. You mentioned that you will be working off of Gran Bay Parkway, which is South. Please find something south and possibly use a realtor if necessary. Southside, Baymeadows and Mandarin should be considered. I know the right bargain is there for you. Have you visited Jax yet? You should do so to see what I'm talking about.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Here are the ones I found in the area that fit the bill as far as what we're looking for
3238 Myra St Jacksonville, FL 32211
5350 Attleboro St Jacksonville, FL 32205
2316 Gilmore Street Jacksonville FL US
4024 Gilmore Jacksonville, FL 32205
4805 Fremont Jacksonville FL US
5015 BIRKENHEAD RD Jacksonville, FL 32210
5151 PALMER Jacksonville, FL 32210
4232 Shirley Ave Jacksonville, FL

Any that stand out as good/bad?

I also ran across this one in a different area.
2404 Stonehaven Ct W Jacksonville, FL

What ya think?

Although reducing commute time and gas is important I've got to make sure that I get us into a decent safe neighborhood where I don't need to be as concerned for my wife and grandson's safety.

We go back for a couple days in 2 weeks so I'll arrange to see some places with a realtor before then. Should I be weary of realtors giving me false info on a neighborhood just to get me to take it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville