U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jacksonville, FL Vs Charlotte, NC
Jacksonville, FL 38 65.52%
Charlotte, NC 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 AM

782 posts, read 1,304,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
c. Charlotte, their economy is much more diverse than JAX. once the banks had their scare, the city leaders started to aggresively attract other industries and have been successful.
Jacksonville has finance, insurance, health, navy, and port. That's pretty diverse. What does Charlotte have?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 AM

2,740 posts, read 4,973,248 times
Banks, energy (almost all the new jobs since 2007), IT, manufacturing, steel production, motorsports, plus 9 Fortune 500 companies.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:13 PM

3,863 posts, read 8,592,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Southern Pines is nice.
Southern Pines is awesome as a former golf addict If I could still play I would probably have moved there when I retired. Plus there's a large community of retired Army officers there I could interact with instead of all the squids down here...(just kidding) I could have run the family business from there just as easily. But fsquid is absolutely right NC taxes will eat you alive.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 PM

2,740 posts, read 4,973,248 times
NC taxes were around 35th in the nation when I started college in 98, when I left 2 years ago, they were 13th according to the Tax Foundation. I know they've raised the income tax again since I left. Again, it depends if you think you are getting your monies worth. When it comes to the state income tax, Charlotte and the rest of Eastern NC is not.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,873 times
Exclamation Really

I lived in both places Jacksonville looks like they financially struggling its so big to have for lease signs in the downtown area and any area. Even the bad side of Charlotte the city is making it look good Charlotte is more cleaner for as air and water Jax needs to upgrade there downtown its like we drinking water right out the river scared to cook with it. Charlotte airport makes Jax looks like doodoo. Yeah water in palm trees is nice to look at but they don't keep there city clean. North side of Jax looks like somewhere but not america. I hate the white people and Jax they know nothing in think they do. They are racist. Charlotte is growing in u can see it. Big difference when the city is doing its job. Jax is slacking. All this water brings disease in water damage. Jax is only for vacation then back to Charlotte nc which I'm proud to call HOME. Jacksonville

Old 08-24-2016, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarvin View Post
Jacksonville has finance, insurance, health, navy, and port. That's pretty diverse. What does Charlotte have?
Lol a cleaner city no for lease signs every help upgrade that piece of ****.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:19 PM

4,582 posts, read 2,508,140 times
I have lived in both places. Jacksonville looks like they are financially struggling. Its so bad to have for lease signs in the downtown area and any area. Even on the bad side of Charlotte the city is making it look good. Charlotte has cleaner air and water. Jax needs to upgrade their downtown. Its like we are using water right out the river and scared to cook with it. Charlotte airport makes Jax looks like doodoo. Yeah water and palm trees are nice to look at but they don't keep their city clean. North side of Jax looks like somewhere but not America. I hate the white people and in Jax they know nothing like they think they do. They are racist. Charlotte is growing and you can see it. Big difference when the city is doing its job. Jax is slacking. All this water brings disease and water damage. Jax is only for vacation then back to Charlotte NC which I'm proud to call HOME.

Here is the same post with the grammar corrected. No comment on its content.

Mods if you delete the original post please delete this as well, thanks.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:42 AM

4,539 posts, read 13,488,510 times
In regards to the following criteria in that order

a. Enjoyable/ Warmer tolerable weather year round, without harsh winters JAX
b. Quality/Cost of living/cost of home or rentals JAX
c. Sr level career opportunities (IT/Corporate/R&D) N/A
d. Affordable quality education for kids through public schools JAX
e. Tolerable traffic during peak hours/availability of public transportation (reasonable/livable commute time between 10 [preferable] to 40 mins) JAX
f. Scenic beauty/easy access to recreation BOTH
g. Peaceful / reasonably less crime rate JAX

Which one would you choose Charlotte, NC or Jacksonville, FL

I've lived in both places. For reasons b. and e. we could not wait to leave Charlotte and return to Jacksonville.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:47 AM
NCN

21,142 posts, read 23,099,552 times
I wouldn't even have to think about it. Just take a drive through the two towns. We have a winner and it is not Jacksonville. It's Charlotte by a landslide.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 AM

5,953 posts, read 4,279,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Lived in Huntersville, right above Charlotte, for a year in 2008. Since we are into boating, we thought the Lake Norman area would be "our cup of tea", but didn't turn out that way.
Very glad we are now in Jax!
You moved somewhere and didn't like it? Shocked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville