Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 PM

741 posts, read 1,751,194 times

Advertisements

I would be possibly moving to Citibank, Jacksonville, FL for work and hence planning to find an Apt in Jacksonville area.

Please advice is there any other citibank corporate location (especially the IT department) in Jacksonville other than 14000 Citicards Way, Jacksonville, FL 32258 location

Also Could you suggest some nice economical, peaceful, safe/crime-free apartment communities/zip codes close to public transportation and within 5 to 10 miles of Citi office.

I dont have kids yet. So schools are not a criteria in the mix currently.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 11:29 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times
Wow, that's way down south. There's no way I'd suggest relying on public transportation to go to work down there, if there even is any transit that goes that way. You're gonna have to drive, bike, or otherwise get there under your own power.

The default neighborhoods for that area are probably Bartram Park or further south off of Racetrack Rd. Would be a convenient and short drive/ride. Possibly Nocatee if you like a slower pace and more peaceful surroundings. Otherwise, you're gonna want to look closer to the city for civilization...but you'd have to be willing to deal with much longer commutes especially during rush hour times.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Wow, that's way down south. There's no way I'd suggest relying on public transportation to go to work down there, if there even is any transit that goes that way. You're gonna have to drive, bike, or otherwise get there under your own power.

The default neighborhoods for that area are probably Bartram Park or further south off of Racetrack Rd. Would be a convenient and short drive/ride. Possibly Nocatee if you like a slower pace and more peaceful surroundings. Otherwise, you're gonna want to look closer to the city for civilization...but you'd have to be willing to deal with much longer commutes especially during rush hour times.
Please note that I would like to drive to work whereas my wife who is in academics would like to use public transportation for her work in any of the Universities

Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
I would have to agree with projectmaximus here that Citibank is out in the middle of nowhere. Probably the only public transportation even remotely close by would be at Baymeadows and San Jose. Although I have heard of these inter county shuttles and there is one that goes to St Augustine but I am not sure what route it takes, probably US-1 and no idea where it's stops are. I dont beleive a company could have located in a place thats any more remote as far as public transportation goes than Citibank has.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
Is this place in the offices by Baptist South? If so, yea, public transportation isn't going there.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Please advice if there are any other Citibank office locations in
Jacksonville, FL.

Please provide zipcodes/best apt communities for renting considering
14000 Citicards Way, Jacksonville, FL 32258 location for now.

Also how far is Univ of North Florida from zip code: 32258

Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
use google, we aren't your servants.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:20 AM
kcj

60 posts, read 143,780 times
So, are you moving to Dallas or are you moving to Jacksonville?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 AM

24 posts, read 52,731 times
Spalam, the Citicards office you speak of is not THAT far south, as everyone here seems to indicate...geez! It is in a fairly new office park between US1 and I95, which is a good location, just depends on what you are really looking for. The Bartram Park area right around there is nice and new, with lots of choices and is growing. If you were to pick a place around there, UNF is a straight shot either up 95 or US1, then take the 9A exit North, which takes you right to UNF, so not a big deal.

As everyone else has indicated, there is no public transportation that I would rely on...you really need a car here.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
I would hate living in Bartram Park, as would most people I know.

So, just depends on what you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville