Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,547,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
Apples and oranges. The Sonics were bought by an Oklahoma City investor. Where did they move? Oklahoma City.

Khan is from Illinois, near the Missouri border. He tried to unsuccessfully buy the St. Louis Rams previously, with no stated intention of moving that team (often rumored to move back to LA).

The only scenario I would be concerned about is if--hypothetically--the Rams move back to LA and Khan thinks about moving the Jags to fill the void in St. Louis. However, since I believe the Chargers, Vikings and/or Raiders might beat St. Louis to LA, that situation might not even unfold.
You know PeteU it would seem Jacksonville has much more to offer than the area Kahnstache is coming from. Better weather, more water access, high population of other arab nationalities etc. I do see some concerns about how he will be excepted, but WINNING cures so many problems. Weaver did the right thing firing Del Rio instead of making Kahnstache do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 03:06 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,315,133 times
Is there some reason why that Jacksonville Jaguars team owner or owners always bringing in, hire, the most drab, mono tone type of coaches and players??

I mean football is not a chess game for geeks...
People want some excitement, some pizzaz, to go along with their football...

These new type of owners seem to have a thing now, about not hiring any coach that will 'out shine' them...so instead bring in these quiet, mono tone, type personalities...

Why not bring in a Rex Ryan type (coach of the Jets)...and a few veteran pizazz players, that can keep the community excited and charged...

Please, no more of the grey, mono tone, stuff...

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-11-2012 at 04:13 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,031,816 times
Hopefully they see something we don't.

I was hoping for someone that was like lightning in a bottle (create a big spark of excitement)......good things take time and the winds of change have started

Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,315,133 times
The new term or saying will quickly become 'Oh Mularky'....

Example of use...

'We'll never make it in time to catch the Ferry'

'Oh Mularky!, we have plenty of time'...

I wish the man well...

But can they at least trade or bring in a big name player?
Please give me a reason to go to a game, other than to watch a bunch of generic no name players run around the field...

But I suppose if they start winning, their names will become known...

The Weavers past on Vick, the past on Terrel Owens, they passed on Tim Tebow, they past on Brady Quinn, they passed on Bill Cower...

People don't go to see generic no name players and coaches...

At least not casual fans...die hards will go no matter what...

Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 PM

7,776 posts, read 10,115,738 times
You hit the nail on the head with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
But I suppose if they start winning, their names will become known...
and this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
At least not casual fans...die hards will go no matter what...
As for the rest of your comments:

1) the Weavers didn't make roster decisions.
2) pretty much all the teams in the NFL passed on Vick in his return from prison.
3) im glad we never picked up TO or Brady Quinn, not sure why you wouldn't be happy about that.
4) We didn't really pass on Cowher, the common belief is he didn't have interest in coaching this season. (Maybe a ridiculous amount of money might have brought him back, but if that's what it takes then is he really the right guy?)
5) And I'm still not sure Tebow's the right person in Jax. I'm happy he's having success in Denver but only time will tell if that continues.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,485,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
You hit the nail on the head with this

and this.

As for the rest of your comments:

1) the Weavers didn't make roster decisions.
2) pretty much all the teams in the NFL passed on Vick in his return from prison.
3) im glad we never picked up TO or Brady Quinn, not sure why you wouldn't be happy about that.
4) We didn't really pass on Cowher, the common belief is he didn't have interest in coaching this season. (Maybe a ridiculous amount of money might have brought him back, but if that's what it takes then is he really the right guy?)
5) And I'm still not sure Tebow's the right person in Jax. I'm happy he's having success in Denver but only time will tell if that continues.
I totally agree with my learned colleague projectmaximus.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 PM

530 posts, read 1,456,946 times
A loud fat mouth Rex Ryan type, no thanks. Let's see what this guy can do.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 AM

7,776 posts, read 10,115,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
I totally agree with my learned colleague projectmaximus.
Thank you, kind sir, although I must note you do use the terms 'learned' and 'colleague' quite liberally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville