Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 01:14 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,805 times

Advertisements

The big reason the Jags can't sell out games is because they consistently lose more than they win, i.e. mediocre to horrible standings year in and out. If they can start winning, seats will fill up. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 04:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,501,664 times
I wonder how the release of David Garrard is going to impact ticket sales....

Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM

5,186 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
I wonder how the release of David Garrard is going to impact ticket sales....

It's wierd, I read something early AM today that he was not named as a captain and brushed it off as a little different and then this afternoon wham!

You would think the Jags need a veteran backup just in case, what do I know! Makes for an interesting opening

Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM

5,186 posts, read 6,139,618 times
I know business is business, but it sounds like they really dropped the hammer on him after the team lunch today!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:41 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,110 times
I learned a long time ago, if you are not performing and your boss invites you to lunch. Never accept. Especially if he has a bunch of papers in his hand. Say no thanks!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:25 PM

165 posts, read 304,781 times
LOL Jacksonville fans been wanting them to dump Garrard for years now. Looks like they got their wish. They still won't buy tickets though because Jacksonville fans are way too entitled and it truly is still a college football town.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
I am sorry to see him go. He played hard, never got into trouble. Did a lot of good for the community, treated everyone with respect, he was just a good guy.

I wish him the best of luck and hope for a good things to happen for him.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:57 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Kind of ironic Garrard leaving in almost the same manner he replaced Leftwich, last minute surprise roster move by the Jags at the QB position. Just before the season opener.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 AM

8,943 posts, read 20,370,228 times
We haven't got the best NFL, that's just fact, but.........just never know! A lot of folks say that Preseason games really aren't anything when evaluating a team. The Lions won all 4 of their preseason games, but their regular season record has been crap......saying it nicely. The Jags and Indy both were 1 and 3 for preseason and Indy is much better than the Jags.
I'm not going to start knocking the Jags nor their new QB until I see how they do the first few games.
GO GUYS!!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Hey Jags fans! Browns fan here! As a fan of a team that picked up and left town (though we got it back 3 years later via expansion) I can tell you losing your team sucks! In the end, it's the city and it's fans that get screwed, not to mention the lost revenues around the city on game day! Stick by your team, no matter what, and be fortunate that you are one of the 32 cities that has an NFL team! I've heard the Jags mentioned as one of the teams rumored to go to LA! Don't let it happen! The NFL experiment in LA did not work, which is why they lost BOTH teams in the same year! Stand by your team! I wouldn't wish any city to lose it's team like we did in Cleveland! Sure we kept the name, history and colors and received an expansion team 3 years later, but we're still trying to get back to respectability. The team was not given ample time to be put together, and I think that is a big part of the reason as to why the Browns continue to struggle, and only now seem to have a sense of direction with Mike Holmgren now running the show!

Just wanted to toss in my 2 cents, and also to say good luck, and we'll see you up here in Cleveland Week 11!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville