Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City Data ranks Jacksonville FL
Jacksonville is a great city, yes I would live there. 38 37.25%
Jacksonville is a terrible city, I would never live there. 20 19.61%
Jacksonville is pretty much middle of the pack, nothing special. 37 36.27%
I have no opinion of Jacksonville, not sure where it is exactly. 7 6.86%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:54 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,717,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Curious to know what the average minds on city data think about the city of Jacksonville FL.
What is the point of this post? What do you expect to achieve with this silly poll? So far you have responses from Atlanta, Wash DC, Houston, Miami and Chicago, all taking turns to bash the city of Jacksonville from outside. All dripping with hate.

What you don't seem to understand is that the ones who live here and love this city don't come on City Data to rave about it. It is always the ones who take pleasure in bashing. So this poll serves no other purpose except to give the bashers a mouthpiece.

Now excuse me while I write to "Home and Garden" to tell how much I love my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 PM

282 posts, read 632,429 times
DOH!!! They move this thread here?? It does not help to ask this question to people who live in Jacksonville. I was looking for an outsiders point of view.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 PM

282 posts, read 632,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Per the room sticky... city-specific topics belong in the room for that city, not "city vs city". Moving.
Dear good sir person, can you please move this thread back to a neutral area. It will not get good takes if only homer participate.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:32 PM

147 posts, read 285,284 times
Your poll is lacking in objectivity, as there are a couple more categories that should be explored.

1.) Jacksonville is a good city, but it could use some work.

2.) Jacksonville is an average city, that needs a lot of work.

3.) Jacksonville is a terrible city that no amount of work can fix.

But I feel that you slanted your questions to encourage failure, as your one of the many closet anti-Jacksonville people that visit the Jacksonville forum just to disparage it.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,295 times
Florida is not good, low salaries, low class, no culture, no money, no education and no English, if you really want to live in the United States, stay away from Florida, especially Miami.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 PM

147 posts, read 285,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runfromflorida View Post
Florida is not good, low salaries, low class, no culture, no money, no education and no English, if you really want to live in the United States, stay away from Florida, especially Miami.
Wha Wha Wha
OH great another one post wonder, I'm sorry you failed in your attempt to live in Florida. If you really want to live in the United States try coming in legally and not by swimming/rafting in.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 AM

705 posts, read 1,567,171 times
There are good and bad things about Jacksonville, like any city. It depends on YOUR personal tastes and priorities as to whether or not it suits you.

Good luck.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,466,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
There are good and bad things about Jacksonville, like any city. It depends on YOUR personal tastes and priorities as to whether or not it suits you.

Good luck.
Totally agree with this statement, no mattter your personal taste you can find a good or a bad area in Jax.
Like you can in Ny, Atl, La, Chi, StL. Mil, or Padducah, Elgin, Lake City, or even Golden. Doesn't matter what size city all have both areas to someone.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:43 AM

23 posts, read 44,002 times
Thumbs down Blehhh

All right, I currently live in the Jacksonville area. I wouldn't call this place a city, it takes at least 1 hour to get from one part of the town to another. There is no such thing as nightlife, its a joke, again you have to drive 1 to almost 2 hours to get to anything. Don't expect tall towers and a city feel me and my friends just call this a bunch of different small towns combined in 1 county, its definitely not a city. The northside and especially northside of downtown & east side are a night mare, and very dark, if you know what I mean. You definitely don't want to walk around there, let alone raise a family. In fact, there were 15 people shot in one day there recently, google it. The westside is sort of the lower class white area, I have been there and not much problems, but its run down. The southside is mixed, mainly Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Russian, Lithuanian, and Arab immigrants. Which means the area is the safest part, but still very boring. There is too much crime, and so little to do.

I have lived all over the world, I'm first generation American, and I think Jacksonville is the lowest place ever. I just wish the USA would catch up and become as great as Germany. I think you should look into maybe the east coast of Georgia or North Carolina. Florida is very rough, very ghetto, and a LOT of crime, believe it or not this state is extremely ghetto. Its also not warm year around either, we have winters and its very, very, very cold but we don't get snow.

Jacksonville also has a lowsy downtown, there is no shopping, dinning, and night life aside from the Pearl & Tsi, which are gay clubs. Jacksonville is extremely ghetto, and shortly after moving here you will regret it and notice how country it is too. Don't think about walking, jogging, or public transit comforts you can get in another city. This place is a ghetto joke, you'll regret it if you move here. I live in Jacksonville, 904 area code, duval county, its a slump.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 AM

23 posts, read 44,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runfromflorida View Post

I agree, they try to make places seem so amazing and 1st world on TV but when you're really here its a slum and so 3rd world its ridiculous. Miami is one of the roughest, most dangerous places I have ever experienced in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville