U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM

20 posts, read 25,998 times

Advertisements

We are a family relocating to Jax from Tampa due to job opportunity. I have only visited one time and wasn't there looking for the best areas to live in. I hope someone can give me some advice on the best areas to live and most of all the best schools (Elem). What zip codes to I look for and which one do I stay away from?? I'm not really looking for the beach life, prefer to be in a more established area with good lot sizes and yards. My kids are into baseball and dance. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM

1,650 posts, read 2,975,634 times
The first question would be what part of town is your job opportunity located.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM

4,190 posts, read 4,691,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsgjt2003 View Post
We are a family relocating to Jax from Tampa due to job opportunity. I have only visited one time and wasn't there looking for the best areas to live in. I hope someone can give me some advice on the best areas to live and most of all the best schools (Elem). What zip codes to I look for and which one do I stay away from?? I'm not really looking for the beach life, prefer to be in a more established area with good lot sizes and yards. My kids are into baseball and dance. Thanks in advance for any help!!
Some basic questions;
1.) Where will you be working (location) or is a commute not all that important?
2.) How much are you comfortable with in spending on a home or in rent?
3.) What type of amenities are you looking for in a community? (golf, pool, tennis, nature/parks, shopping or urban walk ability)

4.) So! Are you moving to Jax or to Charlotte, as 2 days ago you posted you were moving there?

Some basic info;
1.) Some area's of the beaches are very well established.
2.) All area's of Jax have well established athletic associations (baseball,football, soccer and cheer leading)
3.) As far as dance I don't really know, my daughter took ballet from Dorthy Warren Willard on the west side of Jax about 20 years ago when she was 8..lol... so I'm not sure if my observations would be relevant. But I do know there are many dance studios around Jax

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 09-26-2011 at 02:43 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM

20 posts, read 25,998 times
We have a job offer in both Jax and Charlotte, both options are wonderful and we would be happy with either. We will be renting a home in price range of $1200-1600. I'm asking both areas for advice about good schools and areas of town. Jax is much easier to drive to and look around, we will go to Charlotte and look around in a few months. Any input from someone who lives in these areas would be great! Forgive me for having 2 very different possible locations and wanting to know the most about each!!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:25 PM

4,190 posts, read 4,691,508 times
OK! Your forgiven, and a lil touchy too. The only reason I asked is I wanted to know how much effort to put into this thread. fsquid a poster in here, he moved here from Charlotte and has many positive things to say about both areas. (he's not a Charlotte hater but is very fair) $1,200-$1,600 will get you a fairly nice place almost anywhere in Duval county. FWIW Jacksonville, the largest city in the continental US area wise is approx. 95% of the total area of Duval county.(as the only misssing parts are the beaches area)

FWIW... waiting a couple of months to go look at Charlotte may be a bad idea, as it will be winter there in a couple of months, and thats not a pleasent time to be looking for a new places to live in an unfamiliar area.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 PM

2,406 posts, read 2,510,977 times
There's dance all over town. And neighborhoods with plenty of yard space. I think you'll want to narrow down your options based on work location and lifestyle options.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 PM

65 posts, read 127,133 times
Where is the job located? That will help narrowing down what area yo live in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville