Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 08:43 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
LoveBoating doesn't like old age.
I don't think it's ... LoveBoating doesn't like old age. I believe it's more a case of ... Old age doesn't like LoveBoating! It was cold this morning 33° @ 6:30AM when I left, to go down to the river, 41° when I got down there @ 6:50 (always feels a little warmer on the river in the winter) It wasn't so cold it was uncomfortable taking photo's because the wind was down some. The wind chill will cut you like a knife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 09:21 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Older age and previous surgeries!
Eric, when you reach 62, come and tell me how you feel sometimes. Weather may not affect you at all and that would be totally cool.

When I was your age, I never gave it a thought about how I'd feel when I got to be 62........with or without cold weather. In the summer, wife and I do feel younger than our age when we are using our boat! But, after retrieving it, securing it, cleaning it up and putting it back into the storage spot.......the age thing hits us again! TIRED to almost EXHAUSTED!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Eric, when you reach 62...
I'll come back in 22 years and bump this thread, just for you.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
Quote:
Hopefully we'll all still be around in 22 years!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Heck Eric, when I was 42 (your age, right), I was single and............well, let's not go there! Well, how about a little hint......lots of PARTYING (to a point, that is).

Quote:

Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
I'm 40.

The only partying I do these days is with my 3 daughters at their birthday parties. LOL

Old 12-08-2011, 12:21 PM

See, there's that AGE thing.......can't even calculate an age!

The only "partying" we do is going to a sports bar to watch an NFL game, at home or on our boat while tied up to the Landing.

Even though I do complain some (alright, a lot) about cold weather, at least that's all it is is JUST cold temps.......no snow/ice.
Wow, there is a "silverlining" in this!

Quote:
I'm 40.

The only partying I do these days is with my 3 daughters at their birthday parties. LOL

Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post

This cold weather brings on big concerns for older folks (like us) due to catching pneumonia. I got it back in Dec '09 and it wasn't fun......coughing up a storm!
Cold weather doesn't cause pneumonia, it's a viral disease. It's when you are in poor health you become susceptible in any kind of weather.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:58 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
You can't make blanket statements about age either. A MAJOR part is how you have lived your life (sitting all day?) and how you think about age. If you THINK you are old, you WILL be. Just as with the weather. If you hated the cold (or heat) when you were 6, you will probably hate it at 60 just as much. Do a complete turn around because you are now "old"? Doubt that.
Personally, I hated the heat as child. STILL hate the heat. I prefer cold weather even though I am 63 now. Yes, I can shovel snow. But then, I still work for a living pushing disabled kids (and adults) in wheelchairs, lifting them, changing diapers, etc. The way some people talk, I should be the one in that wheelchair at my "old age". lol I still like to ice skate, and do. I would rather do that that SIT by a pool, on a beach, etc. Getting old hasn't changed that. Back to the OP, putting on more clothes or MOVING keeps you warm. It is easier to find a solution to the cold than extreme heat.
For all you "youngsters", all "old people" are not the same, just as all of you aren't the same.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:55 PM

I wasn't in poor health in the beginning. Heck, I was all ready to "party" for NYE and then the bad cough started. Doctor had an x-ray done and a spot of pneumonia was detected in my one lung. Anti-biotics killed it......TG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Cold weather doesn't cause pneumonia, it's a viral disease. It's when you are in poor health you become susceptible in any kind of weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville