Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 06:25 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,259,030 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of Seniors live here permanently, with the heat/humidity and put up with it. Some, like us, can't afford two homes, so have to bear it. When people move here, they should already know, prior to moving, that "heat/humidity" LIVE here. Now, whether they can handle that type of weather is a different thing.

[quote=madcapmagishion;22055092]Old people like to be warm! Thats why so many of them retire here or in Arizona.
Notice I said warm not hot and humid.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 02:45 AM

530 posts, read 1,453,776 times
I guess this thread will continue til spring, b/c the real cold weather hasn't even gotten here yet?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:25 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,464,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
I guess this thread will continue til spring, b/c the real cold weather hasn't even gotten here yet?
It will pobably continue past then, as some people never seem to ever be happy enough or warm enough.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:39 AM

One thing is fact........when the daytime temp here at 2pm is 35 degrees, that will make HLN news! When it snowed here last year on Christmas day, I have video of it, it made HLN.

Another fact is.......
Some folks, who were forced to move here to do a job transfer and loved the "snowbelt" area they lived in before, will love the cold weather here and even miss the snow.
Some folks just plainly like the colder weather, while others don't. I've already talked about past surgeries and how they are affected weather and how older people's health is affected as well.

Does this thread need to go on, not really because a new one will start next year when the heat/humidity come back!

Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,717,487 times
This thread will die and it will be replaced with another thread bemoaning the heat. And since we don't have much of what we could call Spring or Fall some people will be complaining forever.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Does this thread need to go on, not really because a new one will start next year when the heat/humidity come back!
You started the thread ..Live with it!

Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 AM

18,717 posts, read 30,959,296 times
Speaking about the weather, I've been following the 10-day forecasts and am surprised to see so many weather alerts for rip tides. Is that a common winter phenomenon? Are they unusually bad this year? Or is the weather site posting an everyday thing and making it sound worse than it is?

Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM

I think the Riptides are usually more prevalent in the winter months due to the fact that there are usually more Nor Easters in the winter than the summer months and therefor the winds and waves are affected more this time of year. Surfing is better this time of year also. And the only ones going in the water this time of year to be affected by the Riptides are experience surfers, who use the outflow to their advantage.(easier to paddle out with the current going out)

Old 12-12-2011, 04:55 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,384,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
We have actually had a very mild November and December to date. Only 1 night in the 40's out here at the Beaches. Usually - my hibiscus looks like toast by now. But it still looks great (I'm glad I picked pink this year because the winter camellias - next to the hibiscus - also pink - are in full bloom now). OTOH - none of this goes with holiday decorations (we do both Christmas and Chanukah and neither is a "pink" holiday ).

And look at the forecast for the middle/end of this week! Robyn

Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 PM

Only one thing I can say about that forecast..........LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
We have actually had a very mild November and December to date. Only 1 night in the 40's out here at the Beaches. Usually - my hibiscus looks like toast by now. But it still looks great (I'm glad I picked pink this year because the winter camellias - next to the hibiscus - also pink - are in full bloom now). OTOH - none of this goes with holiday decorations (we do both Christmas and Chanukah and neither is a "pink" holiday ).

And look at the forecast for the middle/end of this week! Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville