U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 AM

5,209 posts, read 2,774,072 times
Default Female to male ratio in Jacksonville

What does Jacksonville have more of, women or men? What do you notice when out & about lately?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:54 AM

4,205 posts, read 4,344,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
What does Jacksonville have more of, women or men? What do you notice when out & about lately?
According to studies Jacksonville has more females than males. For every 100 females over the age of 18 there are just 90.6 males.

Overall in the USA for every 100 females there are 96 males.

What I notice when I am out and about is more men alone, than women alone.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:18 PM

5,209 posts, read 2,774,072 times
So the women still dont come out as often as guys do?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:35 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,696,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
According to studies Jacksonville has more females than males. For every 100 females over the age of 18 there are just 90.6 males.

Overall in the USA for every 100 females there are 96 males.

What I notice when I am out and about is more men alone, than women alone.
That is misleading because there is a large percentage of married females whose husband is in the Navy and at sea

Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
That is misleading because there is a large percentage of married females whose husband is in the Navy and at sea
Au contrair!...Facts are never misleading they may be mis-interpreted, or misused, or mis-stated but if presented accurately never misleading, in and of themselves. Facts are just facts, its how you interpret them that matters. As Joe Friday used to say..."Just the fact's ma'am''

Plus the OP never asked for the single/engaged/married status of all the women in Jacksonville just the ratio of them to men.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Married or not, the wives of Navy dudes like to party, and get down and dirty while their "seamen" are at sea... every time I am in Jax, I never fail to get a piece of naval wife tail

Old 11-19-2011, 06:58 AM

5,672 posts, read 9,972,266 times
While I don't really like the way this is stated, I MUST be honest/truthful and say this:

When I was in the Navy stationed in both San Diego and Long Beach, CA back in 1969 and early 70's, the terminology for these ladies was called "WestPac Widows" and a number of them did hang out at bars and nightclubs very shortly after their husbands left on a Cruise......especially the ones that had no kids to look after and got extremely bored at home. There were also a number of sailor gf's that done the same thing. From what I understood, some could handle being "without" for 6 months while others plainly couldn't!

Quote:
Married or not, the wives of Navy dudes like to party, and get down and dirty while their "seamen" are at sea... every time I am in Jax, I never fail to get a piece of naval wife tail

Old 11-19-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
While I don't really like the way this is stated, I MUST be honest/truthful and say this:

When I was in the Navy stationed in both San Diego and Long Beach, CA back in 1969 and early 70's, the terminology for these ladies was called "WestPac Widows" and a number of them did hang out at bars and nightclubs very shortly after their husbands left on a Cruise......especially the ones that had no kids to look after and got extremely bored at home. There were also a number of sailor gf's that done the same thing. From what I understood, some could handle being "without" for 6 months while others plainly couldn't!
Probably because most young enlisted squids marry real young not very bright girls. Whom when their little squiddy husband gets deployed, on that inevitable 6 month Med or WesPac cruise starts to feel abandoned and alone and needs to re-affirm her desirability by shagging the first available lounge lizard/scumbag she can. And like LoveBoating above stated not all but "some"

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 11-19-2011 at 09:47 AM..

Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Probably because most young enlisted squids marry real young not very bright girls. Whom when their little squiddy husband gets deployed, on that inevitable 6 month Med or WesPac cruise starts to feel abandoned and alone and needs to re-affirm her desirability by shagging the first available lounge lizard/scumbag she can. And like LoveBoating above stated not all but "some"

In other words, most military wives are whores... it's not just the Navy, although they have a higher percentage. May not be a popular opinion, but it's true

Old 11-19-2011, 04:16 PM

23 posts, read 27,427 times
How did this thread go from a question about "female to male ratio in Jacksonville" to some idiot down in Tampa playing with a computer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville