Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Ponte Vedra? Landlocked? No. In Ponte Vedra Beach - no. Not even in Palm Valley - which is east of the ICW.?
Did you not notice the ? after the word Landlocked Which meant I was questioning keithshoe about his post. Pay attention!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Land Locked?
Quote:
Forget about the words - because all of these areas are unincorporated areas. There are no city/town limits.
on the maps I look at online it clearly says Ponte Vedra over where Nocatee is. Is Riverside or Avondale a town or incorporated? No but they are marked on maps as Riverside and Avondale. Pay attention!
Quote:
I don't care what you call the area where Nocatee is. It's west of the ICW - and there is almost unlimited acreage available for building in SJC west of the ICW. Robyn
It doesn't matter what you care about or not, I used Palm Vally jokingly, as a result of Palm Valley Rd going straight through Nocatee and the fact that the old 9 hole pitch and putt golf course that is/was(?) there is/was called Palm Valley Golf Club.

But if you prefer we can petition TPTB to rename the area Ponte Vedra West. Kind of like Boca Raton and Boca West?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:19 PM

530 posts, read 1,350,919 times
by the way, PVB is nothing but strip malls and botox. There is nothing special about being east of the inter-coastal, other then higher insurance rates and the smell of the marsh. . The biggest joke of all is people who buy according to zip code. I personally would prefer to live in in Avondale or Riverside if it was wasn't populated by the homeless and nicotine addicts -At least it has a personality. PVB is the sorriest excuse for exclusivity I have ever seen. What is so wonderful about it? Please , someone enlighten me. I grew up in California and the areas that were exclusive there were often beautiful places with great food like Marin County. PVB has what?.... a Ruth's Chris and a view of the Starbucks. Give me a break. I live in Nocatee , zip code 32081, and while we are not Marin County by any stretch of the imagination, we also are not deluded into thinking that we are. We also have nature trails , a permanently set aside vast amount of open space, a great passive recreation area adjacent to the inter-coastal, ( yes, on the west side of the inter-coastal ) the best infrastructure you will find in Jacksonville, and no marshy smell. For a city that is essentially a military town , populated by red necks and filled with every insect known to mankind, I will plainly say that there is no better choice then the pretend town of Nocatee to live in what is a very unlivable area.

Last edited by donisanasfan; 05-09-2012 at 08:37 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
What is so wonderful about it? Please , someone enlighten me.
Ponte Vedra does have some magnificent beaches, that hardly any body can get to. Due to poor access and ridiculous parking restrictions.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:44 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Did you not notice the ? after the word Landlocked Which meant I was questioning keithshoe about his post. Pay attention!..

on the maps I look at online it clearly says Ponte Vedra over where Nocatee is. Is Riverside or Avondale a town or incorporated? No but they are marked on maps as Riverside and Avondale. Pay attention!
Please try to be civil - even on the days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Robyn

Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,479,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
by the way, PVB is nothing but strip malls and botox....[Etc. - yada - yada - yada].
You too.

I think that perhaps the worst thing about the greater JAX metro area is this sorry excuse for a forum on City-Data. Even all of us all old folk on the Retirement forum get along better than this. Robyn

Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
You too.

I think that perhaps the worst thing about the greater JAX metro area is this sorry excuse for a forum on City-Data. Even all of us all old folk on the Retirement forum get along better than this. Robyn
I think that perhaps the worst thing about the greater Jax metro area is that out of touch with reality snobs from gated communities, who know very little about real life in Jacksonville are allowed to post on the Jax C-D forum.

If you don't like it don't come here and read it. No body is forcing you to. You may be a whiz on the retirement forum and with quasi legal advice, but in here your just so-so! And real people who actually know and can think are figuring it out.

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 05-10-2012 at 06:08 PM..

Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM

206 posts, read 573,593 times
Just have to add my two cents in...I love Anastasia Island and don't see it as being run down at all.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boys44 View Post
I have to agree with hlauburn about Nocatee. I think if you don't live here you can't really understand what it's like to really live here! We moved to Coastal Oaks over 2 years ago and are very happy here. We have 4 young children, we wanted someplace in the southeast with good public schools near the beach that was a "real neighborhood". That's why we moved here. It's great, beautiful and peaceful and safe, the kids can go out and play with their friends anytime, they ride bikes and skateboards and play sports and swim and explore. The bus stop is at the end of our street, so the kids all walk up to get the bus. Yes it's a pain to drive 15-20 mins to Target, Walmart, the mall, or Costco, but you get used to it. We are also 5 mins from Davis Park which is where many of the kids' sports take place, so that's an awesome plus of being out here.

It really depends on what you are looking for, but I think Nocatee is a wonderful place to raise a family. If you have any more specific questions, let me know!

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

I know it's been a while since your post, but thanks for the info - your post was helpful to me as my wife and I (with 5 year old twins) are interested in the Nocatee area. What is the distance to the beach? Is it bikeable? And what's the commute to Jacksonville, if that's where most of the work is? Also, where are you from originally? I'm in New Jersey.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM

60 posts, read 188,821 times
Michael,

I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA, and my husband is from New England. We met and were in the Army for a while, then lived in Hilton Head, SC when we got out of the Army, then moved to Nocatee. I definitely think it is a great place if you have young kids, want a safe place near the beach, with good schools and plenty of open nature space. It is about 10 min drive to the beach, you could bike there, but unfortunately after you cross the intercoastal, it narrows down to 2 lanes with no bike lanes, so I wouldn't recommend it. you can definitely bike to the water park or the Publix plaza though

Let me know if any other questions!

Lisa with 4 kids and a dog

Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 AM

216 posts, read 475,277 times
Default Pvb

All the criticism of Ponte Vedra Beach by people who never lived there is quite valid and I live there.
For someone driving through there really isn't anything to do or see except the beach, and you can't see that
because there is absolutely no parking except for Micklers landing; which is full after 10 am in the summer.
Pusser's near Sawgrass has a nice upper deck and a couple of mediocre chain restaurants sums it up.

But I live only a half mile away from the beach and then it's all worth it! It's an easy bike ride up
to JAX beach on the sand at low tide and a pretty safe ride on A1A to St Augustine now that theyv'e
added the bike lanes. Test it out by putting your bikes in a car and park it at the Winn Dixie
parking lot at Solana and follow Solana straight to the beach. Most of the public beach access signs
are removed by owners who don't want the underclass in their private ocean but you can still see the
paths.

I really envy kids growing up in the area riding to the beach with their surfboards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville