Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
funny, all those Patriot fans who made fun of the Jets last year, wonder how they feel now

We're just sitting back quite comfortably and happy, knowing that Belichick can make even YOU one of the best, they're so great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Pull your head out, Gomer.

He's already failed..... TWICE. If he was any other QB with a similar poor skill set, he'd have been an initial 4-5 round draft choice, and long since cut and forgotten about.

Any roster spot that goes to Tebow is one less spot that should go to another player, that probably actually has upside potential. Tebow doesn't deserve any extra consideration, just because he's a Gator, or just because he's a religious fanatic. In fact, he deserves a roster spot far less, then the hundreds of players that will also be cut this year, that all have significantly greater upside than Tebow.

One year for McDaniel to pull a rabbit out of a hat, and then he'll be gone, again.

It's time to bury the stiff, once and for all.
Man, you really hate the guy. You need to check your blood pressure. This Tebow thing has got you going ape ****. Why don't you relax. If the guy fails you will be happy. And if he does alright, what do you have to lose?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:23 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Man, you really hate the guy. You need to check your blood pressure. This Tebow thing has got you going ape ****. Why don't you relax. If the guy fails you will be happy. And if he does alright, what do you have to lose?

I think it's because he has already had his chances and any further chance is at our expense - the fans.
We're the ones that have to suffer through yet another season of this Tebow b.s..
I'm sick of him. I want to see someone else.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM

195 posts, read 322,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

I think it's because he has already had his chances and any further chance is at our expense - the fans.
We're the ones that have to suffer through yet another season of this Tebow b.s..
I'm sick of him. I want to see someone else.
This is hilarious, You say you have seen him too much? He played and won with the Broncos. He sat on the bench and you hardly saw him with the Jets. He's getting a chance to "try" out for the Patriots, yet you've seen him too much. And how exactly is his getting a chance at New England at "your" expense? Did he beat you out of a roster spot?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

We're just sitting back quite comfortably and happy, knowing that Belichick can make even YOU one of the best, they're so great.
He does this, I'm ok with making his a saint because that would be a miracle!

Old 06-11-2013, 01:11 PM

336 posts, read 450,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post

Nope. I just hate people like yourself, that think you know more than every coach and GM in the league. You're all the same.

"Look at little Timmie. He's such a nice young man. So what if he's the worst QB the NFL has seen in the past 20 years. He's a Gator like me, or he's from the same town I'm from, or he's a religious fanatic like me, so let's all ignore how bad he is, and sign him anyway. "

What a load of horses***

If he was a black atheist from Michigan, Ohio State, or anywhere else, all of you rednecks would be begging Kahn not to sign him.

The unemployment line is full of nice guys, Gators, and the faithful. None of those traits should ever mean anything, when it comes to making a simple unemotional common sense business decision. Tebow has already been given far more chances and opportunities then all other college football players with similar ability. Now, he's just going to potentially take a roster spot from another nice guy that is more deserving.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:33 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Nope. I just hate people like yourself, that think you know more than every coach and GM in the league. You're all the same.

"Look at little Timmie. He's such a nice young man. So what if he's the worst QB the NFL has seen in the past 20 years. He's a Gator like me, or he's from the same town I'm from, or he's a religious fanatic like me, so let's all ignore how bad he is, and sign him anyway. "

What a load of horses***

If he was a black atheist from Michigan, Ohio State, or anywhere else, all of you rednecks would be begging Kahn not to sign him.

The unemployment line is full of nice guys, Gators, and the faithful. None of those traits should ever mean anything, when it comes to making a simple unemotional common sense business decision. Tebow has already been given far more chances and opportunities then all other college football players with similar ability. Now, he's just going to potentially take a roster spot from another nice guy that is more deserving.
You hate random people in the Internet who disagree with you?

Here's a list of QB worse than Tebow in the last 20 years in no particular order:
Cade McNown
Jim Druckenmiller
Ryan Leaf
Heath Shuler
JaMarcus Russell
Akili Smith
Andre Ware
Marc Bulger
Dave Klingler
Derek Anderson
Matt Leinart
Tim Couch
Curtis Painter

I'm sure there's a lot more than that, that's off the top of my head.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:41 PM

410 posts, read 602,344 times
Signed him for no guaranteed money. Over the summer Belicheat will pump Timmy for inside info on the Broncos and Jets (like they really need it in the Jets case), and then subsequently dump him during the preseason once they've extracted all of the info they need. Spygate part deux. Sad.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
A half way decent player for real cheap money. Whats not to like. If they cant find a spot for him, they'll let him go.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM

410 posts, read 602,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
You hate random people in the Internet who disagree with you?

Here's a list of QB worse than Tebow in the last 20 years in no particular order:
Cade McNown
Jim Druckenmiller
Ryan Leaf
Heath Shuler
JaMarcus Russell
Akili Smith
Andre Ware
Marc Bulger
Dave Klingler
Derek Anderson
Matt Leinart
Tim Couch
Curtis Painter

I'm sure there's a lot more than that, that's off the top of my head.
Jimmy Claussen
Rick Mirer
Brady Quinn

Notre Lame!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville