U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 PM

10 posts, read 5,992 times

Advertisements

Churches, dentists, orthodontists, hair salons, etc.

We have 2 children (aged 11) and church is a big part of our life. We are members of a Baptist church, but will go where the gospel is preached and taught!

We need a good dentist(s) and orthodontist. Our daughter is in need of the orthodontist to continue a plan started back home.

I would also like to find a hair salon that is family friendly, but not a walk in type establishment such as Great Clips, etc. We like to go to a stylist who will take the time to learn our needs and wants in hair care. Daughter has extremely curly hair and son has had surgery on head that has left a large tender bald spot that needs knowing about without having to explain it every time.

I know these seem like crazy requests. We have been transferred with husbands job and have lived only where we moved from. So, finding these things are new to us since we have never had to do this before!

Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 06:42 AM

171 posts, read 175,703 times
Default Orthodontist

Welcome to St Johns. I hope you grow to love it here!

My children see Dr. Perce for their orthodontics and we love him. He has 2 locations and he, his chair assistants and his office staff are all great. His website is perceorthodonics.com.

As I'm sure you have observed there are plenty of churches to choose from. I imagine you will want to check out a few of them to find the one that best suits your family. I'll leave recommendations of churches to others on this forum as our family is new to the church we currently attend.

Sorry that I can't help with a hair salon for your kids...mine go to the walk-in (inexpensive) places.

I wish you all the best in settling in to your new community.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean1234 View Post
Welcome to St Johns. I hope you grow to love it here!

My children see Dr. Perce for their orthodontics and we love him. He has 2 locations and he, his chair assistants and his office staff are all great. His website is perceorthodonics.com.

As I'm sure you have observed there are plenty of churches to choose from. I imagine you will want to check out a few of them to find the one that best suits your family. I'll leave recommendations of churches to others on this forum as our family is new to the church we currently attend.

Sorry that I can't help with a hair salon for your kids...mine go to the walk-in (inexpensive) places.

I wish you all the best in settling in to your new community.
Thank you! I will look them up!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM

39 posts, read 45,051 times
We love Ponte Vedra United Methodist Church on Roscoe Blvd - the most welcoming congregation we have ever seen, and the pastor is great. If it's convenient to where you are in St Johns County it's worth checking out. pv-umc.org

Old 01-25-2012, 01:04 AM

4,190 posts, read 4,765,005 times
When you say St. Johns, are you referring to the area just south of Mandarin?
If so may I suggest First Baptist Church of Mandarin located at
3990 Loretto Rd Jacksonville (904) 268-2422

http://fbcofmandarin.com/

Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM

39 posts, read 35,073 times
Welcome!

I would suggest searching sites like Yelp, in addition to recommendations by friends, neighbors and other businesses. Yelp, as much negative publicity as it has received, is still a source for first-hand reviews with some scrupulous reviews.

Yelp is my first resource when exploring a new place.

Feel free to share your secrets with us.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks, everyone! I'm keeping all your suggestions for reference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville