Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

Heard 30 Days in the Hole by Humble Pie on the radio yesterday morning and it got me to thinking about the old Skate Arena over off of Beach Boulevard as they used to play that song all the time!

Well, I did a quick Google search and lo and behold, someone's got some old YouTube videos posted of the old place!

I loved this place when I was around 15-16 years old (which would be the late 1970s), those were great days!

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a K-Mart or something right next to it?

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Heard 30 Days in the Hole by Humble Pie on the radio yesterday morning and it got me to thinking about the old Skate Arena over off of Beach Boulevard as they used to play that song all the time!

Well, I did a quick Google search and lo and behold, someone's got some old YouTube videos posted of the old place!

I loved this place when I was around 15-16 years old (which would be the late 1970s), those were great days!

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a K-Mart or something right next to it?

Cheers! M2
I spent almost every weekend during the summer there in my teens.
Lots of good memories, and some bad. (broken arm)

Isn't it a club now?

Old 12-08-2012, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 4,458 times
I believe the "Expressway Mall" was also known as the "Towne and Country Shopping Center"--in my day. There was a Ranch House restaurant but it was further down University Blvd as if you were going to JU. It was about a 1 1/2 miles on the left hand side.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:07 AM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hndrsn12b View Post
I believe the "Expressway Mall" was also known as the "Towne and Country Shopping Center"--in my day. There was a Ranch House restaurant but it was further down University Blvd as if you were going to JU. It was about a 1 1/2 miles on the left hand side.
The Expressway Mall was on the Arlington Expressway ... between Townsend Blvd & Arlingwood Ave ... there was a Ranch House there (in addition to the one up University) ... Town & Country was on University near the Expressway

Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM

448 posts, read 829,403 times
Who remembers going to CJ's Oyster Bar that was located at the Arlington Expressway Mall?

Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM

19 posts, read 117,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwebb49 View Post
Who remembers going to CJ's Oyster Bar that was located at the Arlington Expressway Mall?
I spent many a quarter beer night at CJ's.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times
Thumbs up Ramada Inn Jacksonville Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Tomlinson View Post
Gary Tomlinson here. I am flabergasted that you remember my name and how to spell it! We had a great time entertaining back then and I'm pleased that you enjoyed our reperatior.
Where are you residing now?

I was unpacking a few boxes that had been stored for many years .. and found a picture of Crystal Image from somewhere around 1978.. And thought I would do a search for the band .. I loved listening to you guys .. I hope I have found the right band .. Gary was lead singer , Gary was bass, David was lead bass, Jessie key board, Jimmy was drummer

Jean
Riverside, Calif

Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 5,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobwedge 64 View Post
anybody rember riverside hairstyling , I went their way back in 76 ?
miss Green was the teacher . troutman was the owner , had some great times back then.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 AM

6 posts, read 37,227 times
Sad about Arlington. I grew up in Ft. Caroline and went to Jacksonville University. Seeing it these days, it looks abandoned and blighted. It used to be so vibrant and upscale.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM

3 posts, read 6,530 times
Default To the person wanting to know the Camel Rider Place

It was called Desert Rider Sandwich Shop near JU and Carriage House Apt.s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville