Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,094 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
First and foremost I would like to say that this is a very informative page. I have read and learned a lot about this city, and I thank you very much.

* I am possibly relocating my family to Jacksonville from Massacusetts. I am very worried and scared about the move. I have a possible job offer with an annual salary around $45K, and I will be the only one working, moving with my 8yrs old son and boyfriend.

where would be the best area taking in consideration my income...I hear Southside is very good. How are the school around the area...I would like as most parent would, a very good school. My son is very shy and sensitive and I would like to be in an area with young family so that he can find friends easily... we are between the 28 and 30 age group.

We have no friends and no family in that area so a safe neighborhood very close to the best Elementary school would be super awesome... I am aslo willing to live outside Jacksonville if a nearby city offers better opportunities....please give me your best opinion good or bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM

36 posts, read 121,050 times
You've got to check out Julington Creek Plantation in St. Johns. *It's where we currently live, and it is paradise for kids. *It's a master-planned community that is crawling with kids, the schools are the best in the entire state (literally, St. Johns School District just places first in the state rankings) and they are within walking/biking distance for most houses. *The amenity center is like staying at a resort---huge pool, cafe, tennis, skate park, anything you can think of. *I believe there are houses available in the $100's, but there are rentals too.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions!!!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 PM

36 posts, read 121,050 times
I have no idea where those asterisks above came from...strange!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,894,659 times
What is your monthly price range budget for housing? In what location in JAX would you be working? JAX is extremely spread out and I assume you won't want to be spending more money than necessary commuting, especially if gas goes up to $4 per gallon. By pin pointing a location for us, we can give better suggestions to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville