Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 AM

13 posts, read 14,532 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the suggestions. Will definitely take a look at those. I think I'm leaning towards Ortega.

Another quick question (ha)... I see people mention Mandarin and Julington Creek but not Bartram Springs. Is there something I'm missing? They seem to be in the same area when I look at Google Maps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maw2three View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. Will definitely take a look at those. I think I'm leaning towards Ortega.

Another quick question (ha)... I see people mention Mandarin and Julington Creek but not Bartram Springs. Is there something I'm missing? They seem to be in the same area when I look at Google Maps.
They are in the same area. They are separated by the bridge over Julington Creek (the actually body of water). Mandarin is Duval. Once you cross the bridge, you are in St. Johns. The Julington Creek Plantation neighborhoods are in St. Johns. Bartram High School is also in St. Johns.

By the way...we moved from the D.C. area as well. We lived in Burke and my kids were in Fairfax County Schools, so when we moved here I was very concerned about schools. We ended up buying in Julington Creek and absolutely LOVE it!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Bartram Springs is located in Duval County, but because of the available roads to access the community, you have to actually go south into St Johns County to get to Bartram Springs. Bartram Springs is a very popular community and we never have a problem getting qualified tenants for our rentals there. In fact, we have one coming available at the end May.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:15 PM

5 posts, read 11,326 times
Chets Creek Elementary School is great too! And there are some really nice neighborhoods over there - Jacksonville Golf & Country Club, Windsor Parke, Glen Kernan, Johns Creek

Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM

110 posts, read 182,898 times
If you look in Mandarin or in Julington Creek we are under contract on an excellent home here through the tireless and knowledgeable efforts of Debbie Norman at Watson Realty in Mandarin. Have not seen "on top of it" service like that in a very long time, and I was a realtor in Florida. No connections, we just were and continue to be impressed.
Debbie Norman
Watson Realty
904/328/9102

Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 6,539 times
Do you have a specific reason why you have to stauy ion Duval County. Is it a requirement of the employer? If not based on what information you have shared, you need to look into living in Clay County which is Orange Park/Fleming Island area which has the best schools close to Jacksonville and has local bus transportation from Orange park into downtown Jacksonville. Please contact me and I can help you. I own Fleming Island Realty - 1jbarker@bellsouth.net

Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Yes, we need to reside in Duval because of my husband's work. I am hoping to make a weekend trip soon and just drive round to get a feel for the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville