Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 AM

10 posts, read 30,497 times

Advertisements

Robyn55
Thank you for JAX tips. Its on my list of places to check out. Considering all info from this thread I've decided to narrow down to Beaches(Atlantic -1st; Neptun 2nd; JAX -3rd) and Riverside/Avondale area.PVB looks little bit too remote. At least on the map. I will drive from there to work to make sure that it is not optical illusion, and might reconsider, depending on results.

EricBoyd
Quote:
Unfortunately, a high school education doesn't mean someone can use proper grammar...or correctly spell...or properly speak.
I mean...c'mon now. I am not an English literature/language PhD as well. But if my business would depend on communications skills, I would, IMHO, use spellchecker... Or I expect too much from kind of business communication? Possibly...Sad

madcapmagishion
Quote:
There's plenty of rentals available in Riverside ... at least I see a lot of "For Rent" signs on my daily...
Thats what I hope for !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 01:58 PM

725 posts, read 2,560,333 times
Tapestry Park is nice too. Close to restaurants and walking.

Tattersall at Tapestry Park Apartments For Rent in Jacksonville, Florida - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,374,227 times
A caveat. There's a scam going on in Florida and elsewhere these days where someone puts an ad on a place like Craigslist to rent a house. You sign a lease - pay a deposit - show up to move in - and it turns out the guy you paid the money to doesn't own the place. Make sure any "owner" you rent from is actually the owner (look up ownership records and demand ID).

Most of PVB is actually closer to JTB (main road off the Beaches) than other parts of the JAX Beaches (JTB is "highway" - Beach and Atlantic have lots of stoplights/intersections). But you'll have to drive various routes for yourself at the times you'll be commuting - decide what you're comfortable with. I reckon you're looking at about a 40 minute commute (give or take) from most of the Beaches to Shands during rush hour. Riverside/Avondale - don't know exactly - but it's shorter. OTOH - don't believe anyone who tells you it's 10 minutes . Robyn

Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,459,827 times
From Stockton and I-10 (Riverside) to I-95 & 8th Street (where Shands is located can be done in 10 minutes with no traffic. Figure 15 minutes with rush hour traffic. OTOH - don't believe anyone who has never actually personally driven it!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,374,227 times
You're assuming the OP lives and works on an interstate highway. I think it is more prudent to take into account time getting to the interstate. I am familiar with Stockton & I-10. I go there once in a while to a lighting supply company a couple of blocks away from the interstate exit. Don't think I'd recommend that exact area it as a place to live. Robyn

Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Only a moron would consider that the OP lives and works on an interstate highway, are you? OK lets back up and go minute by minute 2 minutes from Park St. and Stockton St. (the middle of Riverside) to I-10 1 minute on I-10 to I-95 (maybe 1/2 mile) 5 minutes to go from I-10 to 8th St. (3 miles) and 1 minute to go from I-95 the 1/4 mile to Shands ... lets see thats 2+1+5+1 which = 9 minutes and lets add another minute to drive around the parking garage to find a spot ... ummm ... thats 10 minutes. Notice I did say without traffic. What exactly about the area just south of I-10 and Stockton St. upsets you so much, as its a perfectly acceptable middle class neighborhood to anyone but a social snob. True it's not Ponte Vedra snobby or Ortega snobby or even Avondale snobby it just is what it is ... middle class.

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 05-06-2012 at 11:01 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,475,504 times
Gotta go with madcap. I can get from Sweet Pete's in Springfield to kickbacks at college and kings in ten on a Sat. That is further than Shands.

Yes, for the record, we go candy store to gastropub.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Gotta go with madcap. I can get from Sweet Pete's in Springfield to kickbacks at college and kings in ten on a Sat. That is further than Shands.

Yes, for the record, we go candy store to gastropub.
Gastropub rules... never been to Sweet Pete's as I don't do candy.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,475,504 times
I got kids, so we go there first and they then behave at Kickbacks.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM

2,557 posts, read 6,458,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Hi Eric - Since you're in the real estate business (I'm not) - what do you think of the listings I mentioned?

I would point out to the OP that Atlantic Beach is a very very small area that is mostly single family houses. I only found 3 rental listings there. I don't know more than a little about the real estate market in places like Riverside. Robyn
I don't have but 1 rental at the beaches that I manage, and I'll be dumping that account probably in the not too distant future. It's not in that same price range. So, I'm not really in tune with what's going on out there right now. In the past, when I used to pay attention to them, most rental houses within close proximity to the beach were easy to keep rented. Oddly enough, folks like living within walking distance to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville