Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,344,360 times

Advertisements

San Marco comes up a lot on the forum - often by myself since I'm a big fan .

There was a nice photo tour on another not-really-competing site and I thought I'd post a link here.

Those of us that already live in Jax have probably spent plenty of time in San Marco, but for those thinking of relocating, it could be a nice visual overview.

For those not familiar with the area, I'll add that "Hendricks Avenue" as shown in the photo tour turns into "San Jose Blvd" as you drive a bit further south in San Marco. We mention 'San Jose Blvd' often as a reference point here on the forum, so here you'll get to see it's most northern part - the Hendricks Avenue portion.

The photo tour mentions the long-awaited Publix grocery store coming to San Marco (currently there is no large grocer in San Marco). The new Publix will be part of the new East San Marco project. It was just announced recently that Publix will also be opening a new store in Lakewood on University Blvd @ Saint Augustine Road. This will replace the ageing Publix at the same intersection (the new one will go into the old Albertson's ). It's nice that there will be some brand new infill grocery stores in these more urban parts, so I thought I'd add that in.

Anyway, here's the photo tour of San Marco - it's just an overview, there's a lot more to San Marco than they could show in these few photos :

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/587/117/

Also:

Some great new infill projects coming to the area:

http://www.eastsanmarco.com/

http://oldsanjoseontheriver.com/index.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 PM

Awwww.......no one checked it out?

Oh well.

We haven't had any posters asking about San Marco or any of the older neighborhoods in a few weeks it seems.....or has it been longer? Funny, since that area is selling better than Jax overall, but maybe it's more locals buying in there?

Anyway, nice pics if you're interested .

Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,891,539 times
It looks absolutely charming.
The spouse took me through there a few weeks ago.
We both agreed that if we lived in Jax, this is where we would like to be.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 PM

40 posts, read 110,568 times
Default San Marco

Hi Riveree,
I was just searhing for posts about San Marco, based on the number of times it has come up in other threads. The pictures on your link certainly paint a good picture of the place!
If I was looking on a map, where would I be looking...further south than Baymeadows along San Jose Blvd?

I've read that a lot of young professionals (singles) hang out there, so it has an attraction for me, and now I'm torn between living out closer to the beach, or more southside/san marco area...so much to see in the few days I'll be there before I make my apt choice!

I guess I'll just go with the vibe and let my home pick me.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB77 View Post
Hi Riveree,
I was just searhing for posts about San Marco, based on the number of times it has come up in other threads. The pictures on your link certainly paint a good picture of the place!
If I was looking on a map, where would I be looking...further south than Baymeadows along San Jose Blvd?

I've read that a lot of young professionals (singles) hang out there, so it has an attraction for me, and now I'm torn between living out closer to the beach, or more southside/san marco area...so much to see in the few days I'll be there before I make my apt choice!

I guess I'll just go with the vibe and let my home pick me.
Hi JB !

San Marco is north of Baymeadows, but yes, right along the river/San Jose Blvd. Mapquest "Hendricks Ave" in zip 32207 to give you an idea of the target location .

If you picture downtown, there is the Northbank and the Southbank parts of downtown (divided by the river). The Southbank of downtown segues right into San Marco - San Marco is directly south of downtown, just a couple of miles (1 mile? 2? something like that). Baymeadows is about 30 minutes south of Downtown where San Marco is about 5-10 minutes.

Great area, and yes, lots of young professionals....also older professionals hang out there .

The beach and San Marco are both nice choices. Both will have their share of quirky apartments that might be a bit more costly, but they're both desireable areas for a reason .

Old 10-16-2007, 04:17 PM

31 posts, read 142,695 times
San Marco is lovely. The only downside is the flooding on certain areas. They have a good library too which is homey and good people running it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville