U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2012, 06:05 PM

20 posts, read 13,489 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to St Augustine soon and loved the Legends at WGV when I was down looking at condos. Any info about them or other condos like them would be great. I know they are a bit out of the way, but since I now live in a very small town with the nearest supermarket 20 miles away and other major stores 50 plus miles the Legends were fine. Thanks for any input.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 AM

59 posts, read 71,130 times
I would do some good research on the HOA/condo assoc/any current lawsuits against builder when considering a purchase in Legends Condos. If you look closely at the condos they are not holding up well at all. I have a friend who lives there and claims there is a lawsuit against the builder to get the buildings fixed- stucco/moisture/paint issues. Not sure if this affects all of the buildings.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 AM

Thanks....thats too bad. I really liked the layouts and the area. I will will certainly do some research. Do you know of other 2 bedroom condos in the area with a better reputation. I understand the condos at Avila are in financial trouble. Some of the others that I looked at did not have the storage [no walk in closets]

Old 07-01-2012, 01:31 PM

926 posts, read 1,379,143 times
You need to be a little more specific in your needs and location
There are several new build condos just outside St Augustine

Old 07-01-2012, 02:10 PM

I'm looking for something with a similar floor plan as the Legends. 2 bedrooms 2 baths with an open floor plan, walk in closets......easy access, 1st floor or an elevator as I have a bad hip and carrying things up and down stairs is a problem. Price up to $125,000. I'm also hoping to have a small dog once I get settled. I also liked the overall size of the Legends, not so big that you can't find your building. I'm retired, but don't object to being in an area with families.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:39 PM

926 posts, read 1,379,143 times
The Islander: Saint Augustine, FL, New homes by [builder name]

Old 07-01-2012, 03:41 PM

thanks, I'll check them out

Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM

36 posts, read 28,395 times
Default Tuscany Village

have you considered the next exit south.. SR 16 ??? There are apartment, condo, and townhouse developments east of the Premium Outlet malls. I just bought a 3/2 townhouse, end unit, built in 2006, 1525 sf for 103k.. was a bit pricey, but it is a perfect end unit with a screened porch.. you can get a 2/2 for under 90k now. Tuscany village is a townhouse community with a pool.. the hoa is only $106 a month and they handle all of the landscaping. There are condos a mile east of here, which is a bit closer to downtown Saint Augustine.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 PM

thanks for the info on Tuscany Village are they all townhouses? I need something on one level. Do you know the name of the other condos you mentioned?

I have found out that the Legends have settled the lawsuit against the builder and are in the process of correcting the problems that they were having.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 PM

59 posts, read 71,130 times
You are correct that the lawsuit has been settled and the Legends have been given a certain amount of money to fix all of the issues. From what I have heard, residents have been told to expect construction to last for up to 2 years to fix these things. You can get a great deal right now in the Legends but just wanted to make you aware that construction fixes may be going on there for quite some time. If this is not a big deal for you then good prices can definitely be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vttosta View Post
thanks for the info on Tuscany Village are they all townhouses? I need something on one level. Do you know the name of the other condos you mentioned?

I have found out that the Legends have settled the lawsuit against the builder and are in the process of correcting the problems that they were having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville